• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Domestic Season 2012/13

SeamUp

International Coach
Does anyone know when this will start? Would have been good to catch de Kock's innings.
Friday was meant to be the first live televised game but rain hit Durban again.

Both games yesterday weren't shown live.

Next live game is Titans v Lions on Wed.

SeamUp

International Coach
SA U19 squad for the ODI series vs England

Back-row :
David Bedingham, Daryn Dupavillon, Greg Oldfield, Brad Dial, Murray Coetzee, Jason Smith, Kagiso Rabada, Corbin Bosch, Tshepo Moreki, Andries Gous, Ngazibini Sigwili, Sine Ntshona

Front-row :

Clyde Fortuin, Yaseen Valli & Diego Rosier

Attachments

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
SA U19 squad for the ODI series vs England

Back-row :
David Bedingham, Daryn Dupavillon, Greg Oldfield, Brad Dial, Murray Coetzee, Jason Smith, Kagiso Rabada, Corbin Bosch, Tshepo Moreki, Andries Gous, Ngazibini Sigwili, Sine Ntshona

Front-row :

Clyde Fortuin, Yaseen Valli & Diego Rosier
Fantastic. Two boys I coached at school in there though I was involved more with one than the other.

Edit- just saw the England series is well under way. Oh well. Good to see that they both played and SA are doing well.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Fantastic. Two boys I coached at school in there though I was involved more with one than the other.
Pretoria High School Old Boys Coetzee & Bosch if I hazard a guess. Something of interest, Bosch's father Tertius and him are the first father and son pairing to wear the green and gold since unity.

Did you ever work with David Bunn also ?

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretoria High School Old Boys Coetzee & Bosch if I hazard a guess.

Did you ever work with David Bunn also ?
I didn't directly. He was a year or so older and I was bringing the younger age group through. He was, and still probably is, exceptional and I chatted extensively about his game with other coaches. I can't claim even the slightest of role in his success though.

SeamUp

International Coach
SA u19, KES & Lions all-rounder, Yaseen Valli, captained the SA u19s in the last game and has the inside track to do so in the u19 WC in Dubai next year.

Was called up by the Highveld Lions for a pre-season fixture last year.

KES

Here he talks about 3rd ODI captaincy and his fellow KES team-mates who were struck by lightning.

Yaseen Valli - SA U19 captain - YouTube

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I didn't directly. He was a year or so older and I was bringing the younger age group through. He was, and still probably is, exceptional and I chatted extensively about his game with other coaches. I can't claim even the slightest of role in his success though.
Fair enough. Its good to see him doing quite well of late.

He broke all the records at St Alban's College. Opened the batting with Quinton de Kock for SA Schools. He recently did well for the Titans High Performance side against the full Titans team. Hope he keeps working hard and gets a gig at the Titans.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
He played quite well but he just looks so serious or is it sad all the time old Ravi. :(
yes he is a strange one. Last two innings have been poor old ones.42* off 44 today as his team made 136-4 off 20 today. His team seems to be getting thrashed every game. Poor lad.

Then again Owais Shah did make 17 off 29 as his team made 116-4 off 20 overs batting first only a few days ago.

Hope the English selectors have been following Bopara's form in Bangladesh and SA and aren't considering a recall anytime soon.

SeamUp

International Coach
So, Eddie Leie, any good, got some decent first-class figures?
A lot of arms and legs in the action. Release point is from a good height and a Kumble style leggie. As he is 2nd choice FC spinner for the Lions behind Tahir he doesn't play a full-season for them but when he does play he doesn't let them down at all. Probably out performs Von Berg as another leggie who plays franchise cricket for the Titans in SA.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Saw some videos of Diego Rosier bowling against England - seems like he gets some pretty massive turn. I know he's primarily a batsman but is he rated at all as a future Test spinner? Because he has the raw talent for it imo.

SeamUp

International Coach
Still the T20 competition in its final stages. Cobras & Dolphins are out of it. With the Lions, Titans, Knights and Warriors fighting for the top 3 spots.

Season stand outs

1.) de Kock, Savage, Gqamane & L.Williams as the standout new comers.
2.) Abbott nailing down a test debut with standout bowling performances with the red ball in Sunfoil Series.
3.) Surely last seasons for Langeveldt, Boje, M. Van Jaarsveld to join P.Harris in retirement.
4.) Possibly Kemp & Z. de Bruyn coming into their last season next year.
5.) Simon Harmer continually growing his game as a spinner in 2nd full franchise season.
6.) Chris Morris & Hardus Viljoen's new ball partnership for Lions & Beuran Hendricks jumping the bowling queue and adding exciting left-arm variation in country.
7.) Talented batsman, Reeza Hendricks', serious knee injury.
8.) First franchise hundreds for Quinton de Kock & Cody Chetty
9.) The fall of Jonathan Vandiar
10.) The return from the wilderness of the heater Yusuf Abdulla for the Dolphins in T20's

SeamUp

International Coach
Saw some videos of Diego Rosier bowling against England - seems like he gets some pretty massive turn. I know he's primarily a batsman but is he rated at all as a future Test spinner? Because he has the raw talent for it imo.
Used to bowl a lot more but seems to have concentrated a lot more on batting. Time will only tell but he certainly ripped it a bit v England u19s in that test.

SeamUp

International Coach
India 'A' and Australia 'A' coming to Durban in July and August. Not too sure on schedule.

Probable players to choose from for SA 'A' squad.

Batsmen
Stiaan Van Zyl (26)
JP Duminy (29)
Justin Ontong (33)
Colin Ingram (28)
Vaughn van Jaarsveld (28)
Dave Miller (24)
Cody Chetty (22)
Dean Elgar (26)
Reeza Hendricks (24)
Rilee Rossouw (24)
Temba Bavuma (23)