• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Domestic Season 2012/13

SeamUp

International Coach
Will definitely be following the match, the squad what you expected SeamUp?
Yeah, pretty happy. Out of the 20 players selected only really Sine Ntshona in the ODI squad is a player I don't think has done much to be there. Then Jan Frylinck (injury) & Solo Nqweni (action rehabilitation) are players who would have got a look in if available.

The test squad is an older one and the younger 17 year-old batsmen like Oldfield, Dial & Valli come in for the ODI's which is good so they can start their preparation for the WC. Don't forget the 17 year olds have school starting now as well.

Don't know too much about the spinner Faasen in the test squad other than he was with the enlarged squad training at the academy for the last WC squad and missed out on selection. The ODI squad doesn't really have a spinner in it. Expecting batsmen like Valli, Oldfield, Dial & Ntshona to chip in.

SeamUp

International Coach
Don't know what treatment you are referring to with Tsolekile.

He is only fit to run in straight lines with his sideways movement not passing the fitness test so only playing as a batsman with De Kock keeping.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
He is only fit to run in straight lines with his sideways movement not passing the fitness test so only playing as a batsman with De Kock keeping.
Much appreciated clarification. Still no idea why De Kock is opening in first class.

SeamUp

International Coach
Have the provincial u19 teams for 2013 been named yet?
Definitely not. Schoolboy season has only just begun again.

and the last cycle hasn't finshed even yet with the England u19 tour to SAF.

First test starts tomorrow at Newlands.

SeamUp

International Coach
Is it being streamed anywhere?
Definitely not live.

Possibly some footage later on @SchoolSportsnow or ECB or CSA website but can't be sure.

So following that twitter account and cricinfo.

Good start. Williams skiddy at 135-140kmph and Kirsten 6ft4 bounce bowler. Totally different ends to the spectrum.

Think with Thakor injured. Finch who is out and the two currently at the crease are the best batsmen.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Definitely not live.

Possibly some footage later on @SchoolSportsnow or ECB or CSA website but can't be sure.

So following that twitter account and cricinfo.

Good start. Williams skiddy at 135-140kmph and Kirsten 6ft4 bounce bowler. Totally different ends to the spectrum.

Think with Thakor injured. Finch who is out and the two currently at the crease are the best batsmen.
No worries, will try and catch the highlights then. Good start from our guys.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Good stuff SeamUp. Good to know as I want to got to the regional trials and because my school is insignificant in sporting terms we don't get the general invitation. So I'll probably go individually.

What sort of speed do most smaller-region provincial u19 pace bowlers bowl at? I mean places like Boland, Border, North-West etc.

SeamUp

International Coach
No worries, will try and catch the highlights then. Good start from our guys.
Yeah decent start but let them get a way a little. Maybe forced on us as Kirsten has gone to hospital. So we've had Pillay bowl more overs than wanted and bought spin on a touch earlier.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good stuff SeamUp. Good to know as I want to got to the regional trials and because my school is insignificant in sporting terms we don't get the general invitation. So I'll probably go individually.

What sort of speed do most smaller-region provincial u19 pace bowlers bowl at? I mean places like Boland, Border, North-West etc.
Difficult to say really as it will vary from school to school all based on a talent going to which ever school. Wouldn't be the same year on year.

I would say don't worry about the pace too much. Just bowl what you bowl at the trials. Let it come naturally whether its 120 or 130kmph plus.