Page 97 of 675 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I've seen literally none of day 1's play but if the pitch was offering nothing for the seamers then it's a "road" in most people's eyes.
    Yeah and most people's eyes are pretty stupid and don't understand subcontinental cricket.

This could be a 4 day test. Or India may bowl and field as poorly as England and it will be a draw.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LFD View Post
    It was day 1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    He would not be getting the turn on day 1 of that test like the deliveries he got Sehwag and Kohli out with on day 1. Just no way the ball would grip that much.

Obviously he's a gun and Burgey needs to taste it and stop bagging the great man, but this is not normal turn on an Indian wicket on day 1.
    The ones to Sehwag and Kohli turned appreciably, but Swann will bowl a few of those on any wicket. If every ball was behaving like that I'd agree with you but most of his deliveries weren't, he was just keeping it very tight.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Yeah and most people's eyes are pretty stupid and don't understand subcontinental cricket.

This could be a 4 day test. Or India may bowl and field as poorly as England and it will be a draw.
    I think the Test last year where the Windies drew with the scores level is why I find watching cricket in India so bloody frustrating at times.

Absolute borefest for 4 days then an epic final day because the pitch seemed to fall to bits overnight. Granted, I don't watch a huge amount of cricket in India because it's the worst timezone for me, but there always seems to be two extremes.

Not going to get an argument from me, that wasn't a great test match wicket.

That being said, WI did turn to utter poo in that test as well. I think if they batted with brains they would never have gotten close to losing that test.

Ball was turning a lot more on day 1 of this test than that match too.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Picking a spinner for the sake of it in India is the stupidest strategy imaginable. I've been saying that for years. Of course, if the alternative is bowling **** outside off at 120kph, then it's a different story. But obviously you don't know that going in.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    The ones to Sehwag and Kohli turned appreciably, but Swann will bowl a few of those on any wicket. If every ball was behaving like that I'd agree with you but most of his deliveries weren't, he was just keeping it very tight.
    thats why we see swann picking up 4 wickets with 4 good balls everytime he bowls and that too on Day 1
    you don't need every ball to turn in order to get wickets. It's that surprise factor of just a small proportion of them turning that helps you get a wicket. (same applies on seaming wickets)

It was only day 1 and we saw the pitch littered with footmarks as though it was already day 4. hence I'd be surprised if England scored more than 550 runs in their 2 innings combined.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar

Oxymoron.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    thats why we see swann picking up 4 wickets with 4 good balls everytime he bowls and that too on Day 1
    you don't need every ball to turn in order to get wickets. It's that surprise factor of just a small proportion of them turning that helps you get a wicket. (same applies on seaming wickets)

It was only day 1 and we saw the pitch littered with footmarks as though it was already day 4.
    Haha yeah. I am surprised how much people are playing down the turn on this track. As if Swann picking up 4 top order INDIAN batsman on day one is a regular event on any wicket.

Ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Oxymoron.
    Moron.

Moron.

How was your lunch?

Mine was ****house. Disappointing. Bad lunch always ruins the day.

It was all right. Nothing flash, disappointingly for a Friday. But still good. Too busy for big lunches the last couple of days.

Disappointing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    serves you right for not having kfc
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    serves you right for not having kfc
    'Not within a bull's roar': judge criticises KFC poisoning appeal bid

Thread Information