• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah this would work if it wasn't Adelaide
Rubbish. You wouldn't play two spinners in Adelaide. Real teams wouldn't anyway.

It's a joke. You get these muppets all gloating because they're beating England at home, and good luck to them, but they **** themselves if it hits them on the hip ffs. It's a mockery of what's meant to be a bit of a test of courage too. Worst thing that can happen in an Indian test is you get a bruised ankle. It's effete.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
When does Adelaide start and real cricket, not this woeful **** with spinners bowling and the ball never bouncing above shin height? It's like watching a news reel from 1900 or so. It's laughable.

No wonder it's been thought a joke for 80 odd years. Like watching women's cricket ffs

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rubbish. You wouldn't play two spinners in Adelaide. Real teams wouldn't anyway.

It's a joke. You get these muppets all gloating because they're beating England at home, and good luck to them, but they **** themselves if it hits them on the hip ffs. It's a mockery of what's meant to be a bit of a test of courage too. Worst thing that can happen in an Indian test is you get a bruised ankle. It's effete.
Here I thought Test cricket was a test of skill, i guess I'm wrong.

Burgey

In these conditions probably not. As we see when Sehwag bats in England. Alien to them and they fail miserably.
FMD Compton has had one knock. And his name is Compton ffs. Give him a decent go I reckon.

Your best two players are in now. Scrape past the follow on (long way off, granted) and the test will likely be saved. Bring Panesar in for Bresnan or Broad and tell Cook he doesn't have to stick to a script written for him and can have an independent thought of his own.

flibbertyjibber

yeah but alternatively the England players are failing miserably in their test of skill aren't they. I have thought for a long time our only hope of competing was if KP, Cook and Prior had brilliant series and that is going to be needed tomorrow or we will be 1-0 down before Saturday is out.

Burgey

Here I thought Test cricket was a test of skill, i guess I'm wrong.
It's partly a test of courage too, as I said. Not this rubbish. Once SC teams begin to realise this they'll get better away from home. I mean look at India's series away from home. Tripe. All this does is paper over the cracks.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
That guy is Sri Lankan? They don't win at home or abroad.

Burgey sounds like a redneck from the deep south of the States. "Courage, yeah! Join the army, yeah! Effete liberals, ack! Need my flippin' rifle NOW!"

Burgey

yeah but alternatively the England players are failing miserably in their test of skill aren't they. I have thought for a long time our only hope of competing was if KP, Cook and Prior had brilliant series and that is going to be needed tomorrow or we will be 1-0 down before Saturday is out.
Oh yeah, they're inept for the most part too. I'm
Just saying this is dross. I mean, you could have prepared a 1975 WACA pitch (that is, a real pitch) and England wouldn't have knocked the fuzz off a peach at the pace they bowled anyway. But this is ridiculous. It's like Milo Into Cricket for 5-8 year olds - "Oh no, don't bounce one near his tummy! He might get a bruise!"

It would be quite a seriois problem if India wasn't actually doing themselves in the neck long term by playing on these piles of ****. We can all agree its a good thing they are.

flibbertyjibber

FMD Compton has had one knock. And his name is Compton ffs. Give him a decent go I reckon.

Your best two players are in now. Scrape past the follow on (long way off, granted) and the test will likely be saved. Bring Panesar in for Bresnan or Broad and tell Cook he doesn't have to stick to a script written for him and can have an independent thought of his own.
Not sure I want Compton as an opener, makeshift men rarely succeed.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How did Denis jr look, anyway? I'm stuck at work (UK tax monies in action, etc) and looking at crackinfo suggests it wasn't exactly the kind of swashbuckler his granddad (:wub:) was renowned for.

Burgey

That guy is Sri Lankan? They don't win at home or abroad.

Burgey sounds like a redneck from the deep south of the States. "Courage, yeah! Join the army, yeah! Effete liberals, ack! Need my flippin' rifle NOW!"
Nah you don't get it. Don't get cricket. Jog on.