• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Teja.

Global Moderator
I can't quite put a finger on why but it is an amazing feeling to love a much-hated cricket team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't quite put a finger on why but it is an amazing feeling to love a much-hated cricket team.
Haha yep.

Personified most by:

Would be nice to actually win some games though, like the 2000s Aussies did when they were hated. No point being hated and ****. Far less fun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sigh. Kinda sucks being an Indian fan atm. Our board is ****ing ********, 75% of our players are absolute douchebags, we're represented in the commentators box by complete ***** and to top it all off we have the infamous fanboys.
No arguments on the board and the comms, but I reckon you're being harsh on the players. Harby doesn't look too likely to get a test gig this time around so that leaves Gambhir as the only truly irredeemable arsehole. Yuvi & Kohli have their moments, but with them it's more the kind of low to mid range twattery one expects in any sports team.

Although, devoid of Rahaul as it now is, the team's overall douche quotient has undoubtedly increased.

stumpski

International Captain
Tell me about it, I support Surrey and England. :dry:

Glad that Sky haven't stumped up the cash though. There were some right on the mark comments on Cricinfo, one asking if the England team will be charged $50,000 to rent a changing-room!

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Gambhir just came out with some stuff abt how he and sehwag are still the best opening pair in the country. Won't brook debate from me, as a sad a reflection on India cricket as that is, but the guy has zero introspection. This, and the " prepare rank turners" remark earlier..and to think this guy was being touted as captaincy material not so long ago. Irredeemable prick...I reckon Kohli, as someone pointed out somewhere, will mature in the Ponting vein and will grow to be less reviled than he is today. Gambhir, I can't really wait to see his "open bat face" mug out of the team.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Kohli really that hated?

Part of it on here is him being the panto villain thanks to the photo obsession of one poster. I think he was overlyhyped a little by some and given too hard a time by others (short ball etc) but in Australia he looked a class act and is someone to build the new team/batting line up around. Is he captaincy material, I have no idea but usually in India they all get a go at some stage so we may well find out.

Kohli_fan

Banned
I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Part of it on here is him being the panto villain thanks to the photo obsession of one poster. I think he was overlyhyped a little by some and given too hard a time by others (short ball etc) but in Australia he looked a class act and is someone to build the new team/batting line up around. Is he captaincy material, I have no idea but usually in India they all get a go at some stage so we may well find out.
So one of those Virat Kohli creeps got to you too, huh?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
In fairness we spent about 12 years painting Ponting and Graeme Smith as Panto villains, has done them any harm.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Yeah that Kohli_fan guy is brutal.
I do not really see what all the fuss is about to be very honest, England have been a B grade team against spin, and frankly on this tour we will not be pulling any punches. If England struggled against spin then it is logical not to give them a chance to face that kind of bowling in the warm up.

Hosts do not have a duty to play the tourists into form England need to look at their own inadequacies rather than blaming others.

uvelocity

International Coach