• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They keep talking about their plans against spin, but I'm yet to see evidence of them.
They have none. Despite everything that's happened this year, they still have no idea whatsoever against anything other that FM mediocrity on flatish surfaces. At the first sign of anything else they wave the white flag. Innings + 150 by tea on Day 4 you'd think.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate this ultra cute BULL**** that Dhoni tries to pull off. Why bring on Yuvraj when Ojha had just picked a wicket in his previous over? I know, I know...Yuvraj v KP, but holy **** how does anyone get to be so dense? Play the ****ing odds, not your gut...could've been 4 down before close.
Why do you always slag off Indian players?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You got to wonder what difference playing an extra spinner in Panesar would have made on this pitch.

Oh well it looks like another overseas hiding for England and India bash another team at home and neither team learn anything to become better sides.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You got to wonder what difference playing an extra spinner in Panesar would have made on this pitch.

Oh well it looks like another overseas hiding for England and India bash another team at home and neither team learn anything to become better sides.
Given that Swann is a much better bowler than Panesar, I'm not really inclined to believe that it would've had that great an impact.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Given that Swann is a much better bowler than Panesar, I'm not really inclined to believe that it would've had that great an impact.
He wouldn't have bowled better then Swann, but he would have been more useful then Anderson, Broad, Bresnan, Patel and Pietersen.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think so. Playing 3 spinners in a test match against any opposition on any surface is an extravaganza IMO, unless one of them is a batting allrounder.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When does Adelaide start and real cricket, not this woeful **** with spinners bowling and the ball never bouncing above shin height? It's like watching a news reel from 1900 or so. It's laughable.

No wonder it's been thought a joke for 80 odd years. Like watching women's cricket ffs

Spark

Global Moderator
When does Adelaide start and real cricket, not this woeful **** with spinners bowling and the ball never bouncing above shin height? It's like watching a news reel from 1900 or so. It's laughable.

No wonder it's been thought a joke for 80 odd years. Like watching women's cricket ffs
Yeah this would work if it wasn't Adelaide