Cricket Player Manager
Page 672 of 675 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

How'd Jos' keeping go?

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Bell to 4000 ODI runs then. Harsh to drop Root after such a promising start but the new guy is always the easiest one to drop even if the decision is wrong.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Didn't really notice him, which suggests he did OK. Is he a long-term bet as England's ODI keeper though? He doesn't do it for Somerset very often. If Kieswetter is out of the frame, and they're not going back to Prior, perhaps the England management should ask Somerset to give Buttler a few games behind the sticks, even if Kieswetter is also playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    1. Cook
    2. Bell
    3. Trott
    4. KP
    5. Morgan
    6. Buttler

Simple.
    Well it's not that simple, as KPs record at 4 recently is shocking, and I would still like his aggression in the top 2. Bell is hideous down the order too. No-one really bowls in that line-up either.

I'd still keep Root in and ditch Bell for Kp as opener.

Having said that well done Ian, much rather have these problems, rather than WhoTF do we pick, they're all ****e.
    Last edited by grecian; 27-01-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Who would you advocate dropping instead of Root? Look, I was far from happy when Bell was recalled to the side, but there's noway you can drop him now. He's been our best ODI batsman since his recall.
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 27-01-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Well played Bell boy
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Bell to 4000 ODI runs then. Harsh to drop Root after such a promising start but the new guy is always the easiest one to drop even if the decision is wrong.
    Happy for Root to concentrate on Tests for the time being, tbh. He has plenty of time, could come back in for Trott in a year or two.

Christ, Morgan made that six look easier than playdoh. Reminds me of how I loved him a few years ago.

Simon Champion!
    Good knock by bell.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I'd be loath to play Cook, Bell and Trott in the same top 4 so seeing as Bell has tonned up here and Cook is skipper i'd continue to leave Trott out for now and let Root continue his development. Just my opinion, doubt anyone else will agree.

Simon Champion!
    Ashwin looking ordinary. Not sure what Dhoni is trying to do here with his overs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    This has slowly become a fine innings from Bell. He's scored at a run a ball since I had a go at him on 40 off 76.
    And so he should after getting so set. That was the thing though; 40* off 76 is a perfectly fine start for an opener chasing a low total as long as he makes use of that platform to accelerate and make a big score. The problem with Bell doing that of course is his propensity to throw it around between 40 and 70, so I could see the merit in the criticism, but the start was always going to be fine if he didn't then get out.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    And so he should after getting so set. That was the thing though; 40* off 76 is a perfectly fine start for an opener chasing a low total as long as he makes use of that platform to accelerate and make a big score. The problem with Bell doing that of course is his propensity to throw it around between 40 and 70, so I could see the merit in the criticism, but the start was always going to be fine if he didn't then get out.
    Yeah that was my point

On ya Morgs. Still our best ODI player by a long way IMO. Dropping him for Root would be beyond mad.

Runs coming at a torrent now. 2-3, you'd take that for a side missing so many key players. Going to be quite tough on guys like Tredwell to have to step aside.

Thread Information