Page 644 of 675 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645646654 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

If the BCCI persist in their no DRS stance then we need 2 neutral umpires for ODIs in India.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quite unfair on the umpire, he's clearly no Dharmasena but everyone makes mistakes from time to time.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Simon Champion!
    There was only 1 mistake i can recall this game. KP's wicket and it was a tough decision tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    There was only 1 mistake i can recall this game. KP's wicket and it was a tough decision tbh.
    No it wasn't, he was nowhere near it.

Oddly enough the same Indian umpire managed to get things spot on when it was Gambhir.

Not your best posting GF, you're better than this.

You're basically saying that he deliberately sent KP on his way because he wasn't Indian, and gave a not out decision with Gambhir because he was Indian.

There are also only 2 umpires, so not exactly too big a coincidence that the umpire that gave Gambhir not out was the same one.
    Last edited by Jono; 19-01-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of the local umpires, but not because I think they favour India, I just think they're not very good. There's only three international tours on right now, surely they can high 9 quality umpires for all of them?

I remember Ravi's debut game. It was a couple of local umpires and there were about 4-5 howlers in 40 overs of cricket, favouring both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Probably earned the series at least, tbf. I mean, it's only one mental Sammy Patel innings from being 3-0.

If it ain't broke, etc.
    I raise you one useless sack of ****e Dernbach, with one hideously limited Kieswetter and England could be winning the series.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Not your best posting GF, you're better than this.

You're basically saying that he deliberately sent KP on his way because he wasn't Indian, and gave a not out decision with Gambhir because he was Indian.

There are also only 2 umpires, so not exactly too big a coincidence that the umpire that gave Gambhir not out was the same one.
    I don't think it was deliberate but I'm not a fan of local umpires making decisions. I reckon he was influenced by the crowd and Dhoni's appeal.

When there's no DRS available you shouldn't have local umpires. There's been one or two ridiculous decisions going against England this series.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I don't think it was deliberate but I'm not a fan of local umpires making decisions. I reckon he was influenced by the crowd and Dhoni's appeal.

When there's no DRS available you shouldn't have local umpires. There's been one or two ridiculous decisions going against England this series.
    Yea, this is what makes the latest pathetic half-arsed offer from the ICC even more stupid, leaving the option of DRS down to the home board.

The home board typically gets the least benefit out of it. They're paying for it. Decisions typically favour the home side. Way to incentivize.

DRS for all and tell the BCCI to go **** themselves.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    He was the same umpire who gave quite a few crucial decisions against India in the Pakistan series.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the local umpires, but not because I think they favour India, I just think they're not very good. There's only three international tours on right now, surely they can high 9 quality umpires for all of them?

I remember Ravi's debut game. It was a couple of local umpires and there were about 4-5 howlers in 40 overs of cricket, favouring both sides.
    Yeah, agree with this, but then Dharmasena being Umpire of the year doesn't inspire confidence either.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Yeah, agree with this, but then Dharmasena being Umpire of the year doesn't inspire confidence either.
    awta. How in hell did dharmasena become the umpire of the year? Looking at it from this perspective if Dharmasena is the umpire of the year then this bloke ain't too far off
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Congrats India on reaching no 1 (lol that Franklin helped India more than his own team - must be on BCCI payroll )

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    SA aren't losing
    Reverse jinx ftw - both for betting and India becoming #1

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post

DRS for all and tell the BCCI to go **** themselves.
    Spot on !

Thread Information