Cricket Player Manager
Page 623 of 675 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by mightymariner View Post
    Though Bell does have a lower ODI bowling average than Dernbach...
    Bell has a test wicket! And quite a good one too! Apparently, he has taken Mo Yousuf's wicket.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Busy arse day today, someone summarise the day's play in less than 100 words please.

you're a ****. done
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    Bell has a test wicket! And quite a good one too! Apparently, he has taken Mo Yousuf's wicket.
    He cheated to get it too, claimed a grounded c & b IIRC.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    you're a ****. done
    I swear to Robbo I was going to write 'not Grecian' but decided to spare you. More fool me.

Wanker.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Busy arse day today, someone summarise the day's play in less than 100 words please.
    England scored big on a big scoring deck, after winning the toss. Mostly because the outfield was really, as in really, quick. Patel (44 of 20) was the big gun late in the innings as England got 38 of the last two innings.

India weren't too far behind. But Tredwell kept the rate down and took 4 wickets.

The unsung hero prize goes to Joe Root. Didn't get a swing at it, but bowled 9 tidy overs.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Thank you

I swear to Robbo I was going to write 'not Grecian' but decided to spare you. More fool me.

Wanker.
    i feel all spared, it is a bit like a dirty yellow discharge, but still I guess I should be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    England scored big on a big scoring deck, after winning the toss. Mostly because the outfield was really, as in really, quick. Patel (44 of 20) was the big gun late in the innings as England got 38 of the last two innings.

India weren't too far behind. But Tredwell kept the rate down and took 4 wickets.

The unsung hero prize goes to Joe Root. Didn't get a swing at it, but bowled 9 tidy overs.

And I thought it was a pretty good win. The top 6 did their jobs, even if I thought we were going to be about 50 runs short of a par score until Patel got us somewhere close. And most of the bowling was respectable against an experienced batting side who would have fancied chasing 350 in those conditions, especially against that attack.

Tredwell did far better than we had any right to expect, and I don't see him claiming 4 for 44 every time. Which means the batsmen will need to do even better if we are going to stay competitive, as our bowling still looks like a weakness out there. But we've already done better than in the previous two series in India, which in itself exceeded most folks' expectations.

I'd still like to see Buttler in the side, as I think he could develop into a serious threat. Root's economical bowling makes that unlikely just yet. I can't see any other reason why he has leap-frogged JB into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I'd still like to see Buttler in the side, as I think he could develop into a serious threat. Root's economical bowling makes that unlikely just yet.
    He should be in for Kieswetter IMO. It's not like CK is actually a good gloveman anyway. No need to drop Root even if he does appear to be playing in a slightly strange role.

btw three rest days after each of these games sounds like at least one day too many.

I'm sure the players from both sides would prefer the series to finish sooner rather than later, and I don't see any commercial reasons for stringing it out like this.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He should be in for Kieswetter IMO. It's not like CK is actually a good gloveman anyway. No need to drop Root even if he does appear to be playing in a slightly strange role.
    From what I read they're not even considering Buttler as a WK for this tour so it's a moot point

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    btw three rest days after each of these games sounds like at least one day too many.

I'm sure the players from both sides would prefer the series to finish sooner rather than later, and I don't see any commercial reasons for stringing it out like this.

The games are all over the place. They probably just need extra time for travelling between the places - players, press and the bcci

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    From what I read they're not even considering Buttler as a WK for this tour so it's a moot point

Why not, he's keeping in the t20s?

It's funny with kies in this position, he does okay, but never more than that, it never looks like he's going to strike massively.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Why not, he's keeping in the t20s?

It's funny with kies in this position, he does okay, but never more than that, it never looks like he's going to strike massively.
    guess they just don't he is a good enough wk yet for 50 overs. hey i'd love buttler in there over kieswetter at present - even though i rate kieswetter. I'm just saying I wouldn't be anticipating kieswetter being replaced by buttler in this series - but maybe im wrong.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar

Ganguly clearly made that.

Thread Information