Page 622 of 675 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Don't get me wrong, I think Tredwell is the right pick for MotM.

Yet, what really made the difference is Patel's 44 of 20. Obviously, it was a good batting track, but I didn't see this one coming (just like I didn't see Tredwell's bowling today ftr). IIRC he only got one lucky boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Broad and Swann are by far our best ODI bowlers, and the only reason Anderson and Panesar aren't playing is because this series wasn't deemed important by the powers that be. The fact that the squads for the NZ tour were selected before even the tour games started means that everyone playing knows their performance here has no impact on selection whatsoever.

You can't use who hasn't been capped in ODIs as a measure of depth because you end up scraping the barrel, because for the above reasons everyone worth talking about gets a limited overs game thrown at them sooner or later.

And besides you're all forgetting the mighty Rafiq.
    I'm not using it as a measure of depth. I'm using it as a talking point, if I want to know who has been capped I can go check on cricinfo. What I want to know, is who are the best one day bowlers we've got floating around the county circuit who haven't already tried.
    People slag off Dernbach constantly. But for a series like this, where our front liners are being rested, who do people want to see ahead of him?
    If Dernbach and Meaker aren't the ones to be calling up from domestic cricket because their records don't warrant it, then whose records do?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Well no, because I'd have Finn and probably Bresnan in my first string.

But even a 3rd string attack will probably feature players who have been capped as well.
    Would rather get 10 from Samit and Root in these conditions than pick Bres.
    Finn, Jimmeh, Broad, Swann + those two.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    And Dhoni kept bowling him for some reason when even Raina and then Dinda in the death were doing far better.

Seriously, not enough has been said in this thread and the analysis i am seeing on TV about what was one of the worst captaincy performances in a while from Dhoni.
    wow.....itstl....couldn't have guessed
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I'm not using it as a measure of depth. I'm using it as a talking point, if I want to know who has been capped I can go check on cricinfo. What I want to know, is who are the best one day bowlers we've got floating around the county circuit who haven't already tried.
    People slag off Dernbach constantly. But for a series like this, where our front liners are being rested, who do people want to see ahead of him?
    If Dernbach and Meaker aren't the ones to be calling up from domestic cricket because their records don't warrant it, then whose records do?
    It's not really a talking point though. Our ODI bowling depth is non-existant, and has been for years.

cbf checking through two or more mammoth threads to check if someone else has pointed this out, but I enjoyed the fact that both England and South Africa scored 325-4 today.

(Also enjoyed the fact that India didn't).

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    But even Briggs, Borthwick, Meaker, Woakes etc...have played ODI's.

I can't think of who the spinner would be. Kerrigan?
    dockerel
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Meaker's been picked because he's quick and they want him around the England coaches to see if he can be a Test player.

Dernbach's been picked because of a myth, and I'd rather play literally anyone, Meaker included, of the bowlers to have played for England in the last couple of years. If he's in the side, I'd rather part timers bowl his 10 overs. He's that bad.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Meaker's been picked because he's quick and they want him around the England coaches to see if he can be a Test player.

Dernbach's been picked because of a myth, and I'd rather play literally anyone, Meaker included, of the bowlers to have played for England in the last couple of years. If he's in the side, I'd rather part timers bowl his 10 overs. He's that bad.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    blimey pews taking over smali from what is considered funny, maybe it's programming has gone wrong.

It's getting to the stage where I'd recall Bopara and bat him at 8 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    blimey pews taking over smali from what is considered funny, maybe it's programming has gone wrong.
    The post started off so level-headed and serious and then turned to me having to imagine Howe captaining a side that contained Dernbach and not giving him one solitary over, instead turning to the likes of Bell and Pietersen to combine for his ten overs. It was just such an unexpected second paragraph.

The post started off so level-headed and serious and then turned to me having to imagine Howe captaining a side that contained Dernbach and not giving him one solitary over, instead turning to the likes of Bell and Pietersen to combine for his ten overs. It was just such an unexpected second paragraph.
    yeah, I apologize, comic gold....

School Boy/Girl Cricketer mightymariner's Avatar
    Though Bell does have a lower ODI bowling average than Dernbach...

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Busy arse day today, someone summarise the day's play in less than 100 words please.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Thread Information