Page 6 of 675 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

  1. #76
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,648
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hobby horse of his, innit?
    Haha David Mutton started a thread on CW recently too. Beginning to like him.
    ~ Cribbage

  2. #77
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    31,910
    it wouldn't be a problem if cricinfo didn't show his tweets on the frontpage
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hobby horse of his, innit?
    Its called Banter and they take that a bit too seriously especially to go write a whole gob****e article bout it. Its twitter that is what they do on it.. Take the piss out of other teams on it, You expect a serious journalistic piece in 140 characters every time the guy say something? If you want him serious go read the paper not tweets.

    Pieterson is a Afrikaner with a Afrikaans dad. Both his parents lives in South Africa. Playing cricket for 12 years in ENgland don't make him any more English than less of a Saffer. He lived in SA and his whole family been living here. He only stay in England cause he plays cricket there like a professional. But as development England did nothing. They just spounged him of SA which took care of his development. He left due to the quota system and I do not blame him for that.

    Jonathan Trott was Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level. Also spunged of SA. Left also due to the quota system.

    Take those two batsman out of the England team and see how they will do.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
    Its called Banter and they take that a bit too seriously especially to go write a whole gob****e article bout it. Its twitter that is what they do on it.. Take the piss out of other teams on it, You expect a serious journalistic piece in 140 characters every time the guy say something? If you want him serious go read the paper not tweets.

    Pieterson is a Afrikaner with a Afrikaans dad. Both his parents lives in South Africa. Playing cricket for 12 years in ENgland don't make him any more English than less of a Saffer. He lived in SA and his whole family been living here. He only stay in England cause he plays cricket there like a professional. But as development England did nothing. They just spounged him of SA which took care of his development. He left due to the quota system and I do not blame him for that.

    Jonathan Trott was Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level. Also spunged of SA. Left also due to the quota system.

    Take those two batsman out of the England team and see how they will do.
    Not our fault if they come over here in search of decent grammar and spelling.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk


  5. #80
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
    Its called Banter and they take that a bit too seriously especially to go write a whole gob****e article bout it. Its twitter that is what they do on it.. Take the piss out of other teams on it, You expect a serious journalistic piece in 140 characters every time the guy say something? If you want him serious go read the paper not tweets.

    Pieterson is a Afrikaner with a Afrikaans dad. Both his parents lives in South Africa. Playing cricket for 12 years in ENgland don't make him any more English than less of a Saffer. He lived in SA and his whole family been living here. He only stay in England cause he plays cricket there like a professional. But as development England did nothing. They just spounged him of SA which took care of his development. He left due to the quota system and I do not blame him for that.

    Jonathan Trott was Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level. Also spunged of SA. Left also due to the quota system.

    Take those two batsman out of the England team and see how they will do.
    Would be banter should at least have the merit of orginality, even if wit may be beyond Mr Conn.

    See? A sentence about banter that's also banter itself; how wonderfully meta of me.

    For the record tho, I don't think anyone is suggesting England would be better off without Trott or Pietersen; in fact the reverse is demonstrably true.

    As for Pietersen being an Afrikaner; is it that cut and dried? As one understands he attended Maritzburg College, which is an Anglo school.

    &, FYI, his elder brother Tony is a vicar in Workington & kid bro (& sometime Notts & Surrey 2nd XI player) Bryan runs a bar in London, so that would seem to suggest that not all of his family lives in the Republic.
    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

  6. #81
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,648
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Would be banter should at least have the merit of orginality, even if wit may be beyond Mr Conn.

    See? A sentence about banter that's also banter itself; how wonderfully meta of me.

    For the record tho, I don't think anyone is suggesting England would be better off without Trott or Pietersen; in fact the reverse is demonstrably true.

    As for Pietersen being an Afrikaner; is it that cut and dried? As one understands he attended Maritzburg College, which is an Anglo school.

    &, FYI, his elder brother Tony is a vicar in Workington & kid bro (& sometime Notts & Surrey 2nd XI player) Bryan runs a bar in London, so that would seem to suggest that not all of his family lives in the Republic.
    I certainly didn't miss the irony in Spoony classing Pietersen's mother as South African because she lives there now even though she was English born and educated.

  7. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Not our fault if they come over here in search of decent grammar and spelling.
    lol True. I know a lot of South Africans hated him because they twisted around what he said. No one actually printed what he said like

    Denying he is racist, Pietersen told GQ what he thought of the appointment of Ashwell Prince, a coloured player, to captain South Africa in the absence of an injured Smith: “I just thought it was further evidence that things were going downhill.

    “It’s got nothing to do with the colour of his skin. It’s just that better players are being left out for political reasons and until that system changes, South African sport will continue to go downhill.

    “I’ve got some mates who are now on the fringes of playing domestic cricket in South Africa who are better than three or four of those players in the South African side.

    “I’ve got a very good mate who is actually a better player than me, who is now working for (SA Breweries), because he can’t get into the side for political reasons and that’s wrong.”
    Now if that was not printed in a mag years later but in the papers many would feel different way about him. He is absolutely correct and that is what brings our sport down every time. We choose color over merit and try to stay competitive. Call it what you want quota system is reverse racism.

    KP will always be a Saffer. His attitudes and his cast of mind were formed in South Africa. Have a look at the times he got out by throwing it away instead looking at the bigger picture of the team. In the end he bats for himself and is selfish. He might play for England but he does not know what it means to be British. He is only English when it suites him. I wish the International community instead of trying to fine, ban or cop him out, start listening to him and take note of what he says. Especially bout the reason why he left South Africa cause that is the truth and its happening today. I wish we could get banned out of International cricket until they government take their noses out of sport with their reverse racism laws. Quota's are reverse racism as it is a presumption, a pre-judgement.

  8. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I certainly didn't miss the irony in Spoony classing Pietersen's mother as South African because she lives there now even though she was English born and educated.
    I did not call his mother a South African. I said nothing about his mother. But he was not raised "English". He is only English when he needs to be like Tony Greig

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Would be banter should at least have the merit of orginality, even if wit may be beyond Mr Conn.

    See? A sentence about banter that's also banter itself; how wonderfully meta of me.

    For the record tho, I don't think anyone is suggesting England would be better off without Trott or Pietersen; in fact the reverse is demonstrably true.

    As for Pietersen being an Afrikaner; is it that cut and dried? As one understands he attended Maritzburg College, which is an Anglo school.

    &, FYI, his elder brother Tony is a vicar in Workington & kid bro (& sometime Notts & Surrey 2nd XI player) Bryan runs a bar in London, so that would seem to suggest that not all of his family lives in the Republic.
    I think you got me wrong. Pietersen is a South African. You tell me if you lived and grew up in England for over 20 years moving to South Africa you suddenly will live the South African way, talk like them, have their humor or attitudes etc etc? No you won't and every time Pietersen opens his mouith and speak his mind you can hear or relate to the Saffer in it.

    No one said a thing about Trott playing for England nor would South Africans give him flack about it because Trott did not open his mouth and said why he left ad what is wrong with the system in SA. But the fact he is he got educated in South Africa and went through our system and represented SA youth teams. I don't care if his brother is Prince Harry or he shagged the queen or his passport said GBR the fact is he grew up here and that makes him and always will make him a South African. Like a professional he just moved on to greener pastures. Its not WWII anymore and patriotism is a thing long gone in the professional world. Fans just don't realize that or they do realize it but just use it in terms of banter. Banter is what makes sport and the discussions around it so great and enjoyable. After all people from England are the best in it and they will most times take the pissout of their own team than what opposing fans would.
    Last edited by Spooony; 19-10-2012 at 05:31 AM.

  9. #84
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooony View Post
    I did not call his mother a South African. I said nothing about his mother. But he was not raised "English". He is only English when he needs to be like Tony Greig
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooony
    Both his parents lives in South Africa
    You'll find I probably agree with you about this more than most of this forum, but you can't use residency to support your argument, because then Kev's residency becomes a factor too. You opened the door.

  10. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    ...



    You'll find I probably agree with you about this more than most of this forum, but you can't use residency to support your argument, because then Kev's residency becomes a factor too. You opened the door.
    And? Where does his parents live in England? I am not using residency to support any argument. I am saying he was brought up as a South African with a South African culture. He just plays cricket for England like Alan Lamb did but his loyalty is only for himself and not for his team. Put him on 98 with a no 11 batsman in a test with a 1 ball in the over left and he will run 2 runs getting a 100 leaving the 11 exposed
    Last edited by Spooony; 19-10-2012 at 05:46 AM.

  11. #86
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    You'll find I probably agree with you about this more than most of this forum
    Spooony is Skippos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    *Quote may or may not read differently in context.

  12. #87
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,648
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Spooony is Skippos?
    At least he's not Skippos.

  13. #88
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    5,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    At least he's not Skippos.
    Touché.

  14. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    182
    WTF is Skippos lol

  15. #90
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,025
    I thought Skippos was a kiwi, or at least a resident of Isengard.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Page 6 of 675 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. highest 50+ scores, percentage(ODIS)
    By Indusriver in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 02:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •