• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

hazsa19

International Regular
This is then olde English theory that part-time spinners are a good option against Indian batsmen. I've never quite worked it out. Thankfully we abandoned it for a while, but it's back to haunt us today.
Only a few English people think Patel should be there. Unfortunately they're the ones in charge

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm honestly happier with him bowling a decent delivery and then an absolute pie than just bowling six volleys that get hit for singles per over tbh. That was just pointless before.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Stacked offside in-out field, short cover, one-day style? It's a plan, at least.
Yeah I get your point, but with the sort of approach Sehwag as consciously adopted he would wreck most plans easily.

Anyhow Pujara almost to a 50, seems to have a good measure of when to attack and when to defend. If only we can get Rahane in this side somehow it'd be so awesome.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I get your point, but with the sort of approach Sehwag as consciously adopted he would wreck most plans easily.

Anyhow Pujara almost to a 50, seems to have a good measure of when to attack and when to defend. If only we can get Rahane in this side somehow it'd be so awesome.
Any plan is better than no plan, surely. We pile on Dhoni for it, after all.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Pujara has 35 at run-a-ball over the last 10.

One thing to concede at that rate to Sehwag for whom it's a way of life but to concede that to the new batsman while he's not taking any unnecessary risks on a pitch with something for bowlers who bowl at a good length is a joke.
It happens a lot at lower level cricket where captains and fielders just cbf changing every time, but these guys are meant to be a bit better than that I hear

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Only a few English people think Patel should be there. Unfortunately they're the ones in charge
Tbf, Samit is very much a batsmen who bowls. If the rest of the bowler weren't bowling so many pies they wouldn't need Patel to roll his arm over.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf, Samit is very much a batsmen who bowls. If the rest of the bowler weren't bowling so many pies they wouldn't need Patel to roll his arm over.
He is also very much not as good a batsman as Bairstow, so if he's going to bowl like this then he shouldn't be playing. He's been picked as a batting allrounder, yes, but what he's sent down so far hasn't even been up to that standard, frankly. Early days obviously but it's been depressing.