Page 574 of 675 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Surprisingly good call to give Anderson MotM. Was expecting them to automatically go for the batsman who tons up as per
    Yes I
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Surprisingly good call to give Anderson MotM. Was expecting them to automatically go for the batsman who tons up as per
    yeah huge surprise. Thought they had stopped giving it to a bowler altogether if a batsman tonned up...
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Congratulations England. Their best series win of the last few years particularly considering they won from behind and India losing at home has been an extremely rare event.

Gun tour thread, with little to no need for moderation.

India, well, let's hope this is the last straw.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Congratulations England. Their best series win of the last few years particularly considering they won from behind and India losing at home has been an extremely rare event.

Gun tour thread, with little to no need for moderation.

India, well, let's hope this is the last straw.
    But but....the T20 revenge series is coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yes I
    sparkeh lost for words

Yep. People who didn't watch the game will look at this scorecard and think that giving the award to a bowler who took four wickets in a draw was weird, but it was his great spell more than anything that really took India out of the game. England's second innings could've been completely different with some scoreboard pressure, not to mention the better rate India could've made those runs at if Anderson didn't dismiss Sehwag for a duck.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    2 points to Furball for the win
    4-3 me in the centurion stakes
    Ojha has most wickets
    2-1 in series (worst I can do is a share of the point)
    .5 to me for Cook's 190
    .5 to me for Anderson's 6 wickets

Furball 6-3 Jono

Final tally:

1 point each for the draw
    1 point to me for most centurions (6-4)
    .5 points each for top series wicket taker (Ohja and Swann with 20)
    1 point to me for the series win
    .5 to me for Trott's 143
    .5 each for Anderson and Chawla getting 4 wickets

Furball 10.5-5 Jono

Icon4 austere avatar entry for augustus

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    So what will the batting line up look like for the first test against New Zealand? I'd assume Root and Compton have secured places, but where will they bat?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i don't see why you would move either, yet. compton did what he had to do. root did what he had to do.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    So what will the batting line up look like for the first test against New Zealand? I'd assume Root and Compton have secured places, but where will they bat?
    Compton has secured a place?

I don't think he is test class tbh, and don't think Root is ready. Both will get found out pretty quick
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

I think it would make sense for Root to swap places with Bell actually. Two boneheaded dismissals in succession from KP and Bell is too likely if you bat them at 4 and 5. Root I think would bat better in combination with KP and it gives a better balance to the lineup. Bell is better at batting with the tail than Root (not saying much) and for that to become an issue again would be a good problem to have, considering his efforts this year.

If Bell flops again Bairstow is a straight swap at 6. The part-time option of Root is a bonus.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 17-12-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Compton has secured a place?

I don't think he is test class tbh, and don't think Root is ready. Both will get found out pretty quick
    He hasn't been amazing, but considering the performances of England's batsmen this year, particularly in Asia, he did OK. Certainly worth preserving with, and I wouldn't say he's not test class, since he made starts in nearly every game. He's supposedly a much better player of seam than spin as well, or at least has much more scoring shots and options.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Have to see what they want for the ashes really, do they want Compton or Root to open? Whichever one they want now should open in New Zealand to give them a few games at it first. Compton can then move to 6 or Root stay there but both would know Bairstow is waiting for a place in the side. The good news is Bopara seems a million miles away from the side now thank god.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    He hasn't been amazing, but considering the performances of England's batsmen this year, particularly in Asia, he did OK. Certainly worth preserving with, and I wouldn't say he's not test class, since he made starts in nearly every game. He's supposedly a much better player of seam than spin as well, or at least has much more scoring shots and options.
    I agree he's done alright, but from what I know of both batsmen they will fail in the next few tests. Thats my prediction. Root is a good long-term option though.

Main issue is that they are both too defensive, England need at least one more attacking batsman to replace either one.

Thread Information