Cricket Player Manager
Page 565 of 675 FirstFirst ... 65465515555563564565566567575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

  1. #8461
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    34,142
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Jono for BOTM 13
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  2. #8462
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Dinner at 12.30pm, you really are an old prick
    There was a school of thought from the older generation when I was growing up that to say "lunch" was a bit uncouth, and you ought to say "dinner".

    Personally think it's a crock of ****.

    In any event, this has been a surprising result for England, more so for how toothless India has looked rather than a 2-1 scoreline itself.

    Agree with those who say India needed this. The "never mind the away pizzlings, we'll be right at home" attitude is piss poor, and this mght correct it. Maybe the biggest challenge in the history of Indian cricket needs to be faced - how do you tap a bloke like Tendulkar on the shoulder? I don't see anyone in the set up having the stones for it.

    Still think Australia will struggle in India when we tour. Siddle aside, I don't know if our bowlers have the right method for the conditions, and Lyon will need to push the ball through a bit more than he does here, without reverting to that way of bowling everywhere. interesting times.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  3. #8463
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    34,142
    dougeh Can Bowl when in India iirc

  4. #8464
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,375
    So India's undefeated record since the ATG Aussie team defeat finally comes to an end, I guess the India fans will have to get use to more defeats at home over the next few years, really sad

    Gambhir should be dropped (tests only), respect him a lot but he's struggled way too much, and his running between the wickets is really annoying. Sehwag needs to tighten up in the field, I have seen him make an effort batting wise this series, so I'd stick with him for 1-2 years still. Personally want Tendulkar to keep playing because I'm a selfish fan, but I wouldn't throw a tantrum if he retired or the selectors dropped him, performance hasn't been up to the mark unfortunately.

    Dhoni.. feel for him, gets critised way too much, but I think needs to talk with the selectors and get things sorted out, still want him as ODI captain, defo needs to quit International T20's and give Kohli a go as captain in that format, for test matches I think it's worth sticking with him in this transition period, but I won't complain if he's replaced.

    I hope Chawla is never picked again, Jadeja needs to be given 4 tests in Aussies, Ashwin should realize his bowling is not good enough purely as a bowler, so I think it's worth making him a true all rounder.


  5. #8465
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    dougeh Can Bowl when in India iirc
    Could do a lot worse than pick him imo.

    Dougeh!

    Dougeh.

  6. #8466
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,375
    Oh and Ishant still isn't good enough, I hope Praveen Kumar gets fit so he can come in, Awana should be given a go in the Aussie series as well.

  7. #8467
    International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    There was a school of thought from the older generation when I was growing up that to say "lunch" was a bit uncouth, and you ought to say "dinner".

    Personally think it's a crock of ****.

    In any event, this has been a surprising result for England, more so for how toothless India has looked rather than a 2-1 scoreline itself.

    Agree with those who say India needed this. The "never mind the away pizzlings, we'll be right at home" attitude is piss poor, and this mght correct it. Maybe the biggest challenge in the history of Indian cricket needs to be faced - how do you tap a bloke like Tendulkar on the shoulder? I don't see anyone in the set up having the stones for it.

    Still think Australia will struggle in India when we tour. Siddle aside, I don't know if our bowlers have the right method for the conditions, and Lyon will need to push the ball through a bit more than he does here, without reverting to that way of bowling everywhere. interesting times.
    in comparison to england, i expect australian batsmen to have a even better time (due to the amount of cricket they have played their recently) but that can't be said about their bowling.
    So i'm expecting a couple of draws at least.

    warner, watson, clarke and hussey could all have a really good time in india against **** bowlers.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

  8. #8468
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    12,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Oh and Ishant still isn't good enough, I hope Praveen Kumar gets fit so he can come in, Awana should be given a go in the Aussie series as well.
    Is Praveen ever going to get fit?

    You miss him so much.

  9. #8469
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,805
    Benchy you can get $510 on India to win the test if you're still interested.

  10. #8470
    International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,825
    anderson , monty and swann >> siddle, pattingson IN indian conditions

  11. #8471
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,375
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Is Praveen ever going to get fit?

    You miss him so much.
    Got absolutely no idea, I can't understand why he's been out of selection for so long, he can't possibly be injured for so this long.

    I think India should forget the likes of Sreesanth, Ishant and other tried and tested fast bowlers and just throw in a whole bunch of new guys, honest to god they can't do any worse, missed Yadav in this series sooooooo much.

  12. #8472
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,508
    If Aus has to compete and win in India one of the batsman has to have a Cook like series easier said then done. Cook has had an ATG series maybe Hussy would need to fill that role not sure he is capable of doing it KP's role can be fulfilled by Clarke possible with even more consistency.It will not be easy India has been ordinary but don't forget England has played out of their skins. Personally see 1-1 or 2-1 India.

  13. #8473
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,787
    Should put them in to bat a few overs before tea. Seems quite safe.

  14. #8474
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,569
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    in comparison to england, i expect australian batsmen to have a even better time (due to the amount of cricket they have played their recently) but that can't be said about their bowling.
    So i'm expecting a couple of draws at least.

    warner, watson, clarke and hussey could all have a really good time in india against **** bowlers.
    Yeah I dunno. Not that confident, Clarke and Hussey aside.

    Looking at the bowling, it's pretty inexperienced in India. Siddle wil be hugely important for us there. Hilf, I don't think he'll swing it. Patto is unknown, but if you bwol 140 plus and straight you're always a chance. Forget Harris. Starc - who knows? Forget Johnson. They could do worse than pick Dougeh, but he seesm out of contention for being Dougeh. Wonder if Cummins will be fit? If he is, do they risk bowling him on flat decks or do they save him for the Ashes? Forget Bird in India - trajectory and method is all wrong.

    I'd like to see some 6'8" **** who bowls wicket to wicket on a fullish length. Be perfect. You just don't get many Garners and Ambroses come along though. NCN bangs it in at pace as quick as anyone around here atm.

  15. #8475
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Remembering The Prince - 63*
    Posts
    49,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Should put them in to bat a few overs before tea. Seems quite safe.
    Was just going to ask, given Dhoni's history in tight potential chases, what would he do if Cook did decide to declare now for giggles?
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. highest 50+ scores, percentage(ODIS)
    By Indusriver in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •