Cricket Player Manager
Page 557 of 675 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Hardly going to care about that with a series win in the bag is he?
    it's the 'english cricket team' that has won it

actually the 'old british empire XI'

(thinking about it in depth now- we fans often forget that we have made no contribution whatsoever, so there's really no real reason to feel overjoyed or dejected.
    we are a bunch of ****s wasting our time or getting entertained watching others win or lose, make $$$$ and have a reasonably good time playing sports)

back on topic

better to lose to england than to australia for obvious reasons.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    it's the 'english cricket team' that has won it

actually the 'old british empire XI'

(thinking about it in depth now- we fans often forget that we have made no contribution whatsoever, so there's really no real reason to feel overjoyed or dejected.
    we are a bunch of ****s wasting our time or getting entertained watching others win or lose, make $$$$ and have a reasonably good time playing sports)

back on topic

better to lose to england than to australia for obvious reasons.

Wonder if you can regroup fast enough to beat them?

Hardly going to care about that with a series win in the bag is he?
    Haha, whilst true, this is a place to chat about cricket. If all that mattered is whether your team won itd be pointless to give opinions as you'd never care if you were right because you support a winnin team.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha, whilst true, this is a place to chat about cricket. If all that mattered is whether your team won itd be pointless to give opinions as you'd never care if you were right because you support a winnin team.
    Yeah but he will just laugh off the stick as the team won. Had the series result gone the other way you'd be more grumpy about tasting it.

Anyway this is still the worst test pitch I can remember that has gone the distance, obviously the ones called off in West Indies were worse but at least they were comical.

I really want the pitch to explode tomorrow, for the sake of cricket.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Maybe not overnight, but I don't think declaring behind would be the worst move in the world.

It could conceivably take India a session to eke out a 30 run lead, which IMO suits England more than India. If I was Dhoni and either the pitch started playing funny buggers or the score was crawling along at 1-2 rpo, I wouldn't hesitate in declaring behind.
    Furball4captain
    ​63*

Wonder if you can regroup fast enough to beat them?
    firstly, if they retained dhoni as captain, India will lose again imo. His captaincy is ****, his leadership is **** as there's seldom much intensity on the field. To add to that the
    0-4, 0-4, 1-2 returns for a WC winning captain is more than enough to suggest that he's having a detrimental impact now. Team needs a change and a new guy to lead it.
    Thats just one issue. Then there's 3 batting passengers in the side namely gambhir, sachin and no.6.
    so on...

bbci will also make a lot less from the games (including ipl) as the indian team's viewership falls with each defeat
    having said that, if india manage to comprehensively win ODIs and T20 etc, because thats what the large majority of the people prefer, then by the time the aus is on the horizon, everyone will have calmed down and partly forgotten about the issues. therefore, bbci will be fine and so barely any changes will be made

seriously, these odis and t20s etc should be postposned so that they are forced to address the issues now!!

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Chawla's shirt is so red. Internal bleeding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    It's embarassed to be associated with him

I think I'd have taken that at the start of play.

Not been a classic, but it's a weirdly enthralling game.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I really want the pitch to explode tomorrow, for the sake of cricket.
    they should send some ppl to make the cracks twice as wide and scuff up the main areas of the pitch IMHO, i mean, IMBO*

*B= bull****

the only reason it has been fascinating is that the series has been on the line..
    otherwise it has been a **** game for particularly a neutral, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    the only reason it has been fascinating is that the series has been on the line..
    otherwise it has been a **** game for particularly a neutral, no doubt.
    nah its been decent viewing if not more. Credit to both sides for their batting its very easy to have one really big collapse on this track and loose the game in a session.

Seriously? Been horrible viewing. One of the most excruciating Test matches to watch that I've ever seen.

All the intrigue has happened on the scoreboard, not out on the pitch, apart from that madcap hour on Day 3.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Seriously? Been horrible viewing. One of the most excruciating Test matches to watch that I've ever seen.

All the intrigue has happened on the scoreboard, not out on the pitch, apart from that madcap hour on Day 3.
    I have seen on average an hour every day. The thing is even though batsman are not getting out yet they are still looking troubled at the crease imo its better then a 600 plays 650 game.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Big game against India, if England win this final test it will be their first series win in India for 27 years! Makes the game more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    I have seen on average an hour every day. The thing is even though batsman are not getting out yet they are still looking troubled at the crease imo its better then a 600 plays 650 game.
    Nah I hate it. Neither rewards good cricket nor punishes bad cricket (by the bowler especially). Worst kind of pitch.

Not that 600 plays 650 isn't awful too, but the curator should get the kitchen sink for this. Awful awful pitch.
    Last edited by Spark; 16-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Thread Information