• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He may have 40 odd runs but Gambhir is definitely not in the best of forms. Shown really dire technique against Swann for the whole of the morning and now this.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Man, kept low? Ordinary shot from Gambhir tho, but. Probz a ton that's cost yer, big nose. :cool:

Prior's (2nd) bollock doesn't cost too many.

Burgey

Missed the drop making kids lunches. Was it a bad one?
One down leg off Glanderson, I actually thought was thigh pad but apparently not.

Other one up to the stumps, so they either stick or they don't. But Gambhir is out without adding, so in that sense it cost them nothing.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Am I the only one who believe that this pitch is not as good a batting pitch as people are making out?

It's just skewed towards Sehwag's strengths. It's slow and is spinning; both of which have never particularly bothered Sehwag.

Spark

Global Moderator
Am I the only one who believe that this pitch is not as good a batting pitch as people are making out?

It's just skewed towards Sehwag's strengths. It's slow and is spinning; both of which ahve never particularly bothered Sehwag.
I don't think it's your regular road - and it's certainly not as flat as England made it look.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One down leg off Glanderson, I actually thought was thigh pad but apparently not.

Other one up to the stumps, so they either stick or they don't. But Gambhir is out without adding, so in that sense it cost them nothing.
Probably should have had the one up to the stumps, but never got more than the top knuckle or two on the one down the leg-side. Anyone putting that one down as a bad miss has not kept wicket.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

It's just skewed towards Sehwag's strengths. It's slow and is spinning; both of which have never particularly bothered Sehwag.
It will be interesting if we can get it reversing and/or stop giving Sehwag a yard of width.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actually a much better ball than I gave Swanneh credit for. Turned just ever so slightly.

& there it is; Bumble mentions him alongside Laker on 193 wickets. Wow. One more to be our most prolific offie in terms (or maybe turns :cool:) of wickets?

flibbertyjibber

I don't think it's your regular road - and it's certainly not as flat as England made it look.
Didn't help we bowled utter dross for 90 minutes this morning, last half hour before lunch was much better but then again it didn't have much to beat. Difficult to know much really, the way Pujara, Tendulkar and the rest play with give us a better idea i guess.

Burgey

Like the look of Pujara from what little I've seen of him. Be interesting to see how he goes at three with some time to cement a spot.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't help we bowled utter dross for 90 minutes this morning, last half hour before lunch was much better but then again it didn't have much to beat. Difficult to know much really, the way Pujara, Tendulkar and the rest play with give us a better idea i guess.
Quite.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Your right, it's not, I'm not really sure why everyone keeps saying its a total flat deck and all, because although there might not be much in it for the bowler its still tough to score, Sehwag's innings and style of play just makes the pitch look better than it actually is.