• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harbhajan's knock came in relatively cozy circumstances. It was Laxman's 98 from 15-5 which was a real masterpiece even considering the pitch and the bowling.

He was given out by an atrocious decision too.
Laxman was on **** all when Harbhajan came in; I think it was 50/6 or something. Harby's was innings every bit as important or Laxman would've scored 20*.

Spark

Global Moderator
Flaaaat. Martin bowled well in that innings but it was all just movement in the air with the new pill; when it got old Harbhajan hit a ton in that same innings. Sehwag made a really fast ton in the first innings, Williamson made a ton on debut and I think Ryder hit a pretty quick ton as well. There was some turn, but it was really slow turn - Williamson just played Harbhajan/Ojha off the back foot for the entirety of his innings.
Haha I remember that. Basically fell asleep at the crease, didn't he?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to wake up early tomorrow too, but this may just be worth it.
I slept earlier in the day because of the match, so I'm not that much short on sleep in the morning, but yeah it's been perfect for an Indian fan so far, batting first with Sehwag smashing it =)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I remember that. Basically fell asleep at the crease, didn't he?
He deliberately gave his wicket away because he got tired and bored, he had a runner in Gambhir when he was closing in on a double hundred and he was just like "screw this lemme have a nap in the dressing room" lool

gotta love it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
India probably were a touch lucky too, in that Martin's new ball partner, Hamish Bennett, broke down in the first innings. As a result once Martin ran out of puff, New Zealand were turning to the likes of McCullum and Guptill to fill in overs. Not saying that if Bennett had been fit things would've finished any different, but it did make things that much easier for Harby and Laxman.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England really need to start the next session well. Just create some pressure and tight overs, and take it from there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England are mailing this in. Terrible performance so far.

Some serious turn for Swann day one.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ooh turn again.

Will be interesting to see how difficult is the pitch if/when Sehwag gets out.