Cricket Player Manager
Page 520 of 675 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Maybe not overnight, but I don't think declaring behind would be the worst move in the world.

It could conceivably take India a session to eke out a 30 run lead, which IMO suits England more than India. If I was Dhoni and either the pitch started playing funny buggers or the score was crawling along at 1-2 rpo, I wouldn't hesitate in declaring behind.
    ​63*

I don't think they'll bat a session for 30 runs. I'm sure Ashwin will farm the strike and try and hit boundaries today.

Chawla's wicket could be a blessing in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    hmm, to an extent - but big game players score heavily at the start of a series. not the end.

johnners to confirm.
    c'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I don't think they'll bat a session for 30 runs.
    I don't either. I said a 30 run lead, which requires India to score 60 runs

Going by the way this match has gone, scoring 60 runs could easily take the best part of a session.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I don't either. I said a 30 run lead, which requires India to score 60 runs
    Doh!

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    nah, he's not the best batsman in the England team, and pales before the likes of Kallis and Clarke
    Pfff got nothing on Trego though amrite?
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Lol at the idea of KP being the best batsman in the world
    at the idea of Clarke being the best batsman in the world

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    India should declare overnight.

Discuss.
    I would have considered it if Ashwin wasn't there..but with Ashwin there..I would never sacrifice runs..if Ashwin gets out early, I would declare straight away..but if there is an opportunity to take a lead, take it!

Yep, because when Clarke scores a few hundreds against India it's meaningless, but when KP does it automatically makes him the best batsman in the world (despite the fact that Cook did it twice more).

Not to mention that I think Amla is the best batsman in the world, not Clarke. But hey, don't let those simple things get in the way of those blinkers of yours
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Yep, because when Clarke scores a few hundreds against India it's meaningless, but when KP does it automatically makes him the best batsman in the world (despite the fact that Cook did it twice more).

Not to mention that I think Amla is the best batsman in the world, not Clarke. But hey, don't let those simple things get in the way of those blinkers of yours
    Yeah and KP has never scored hundreds against anyone other than India...let alone Warne Murali, Akhtar, McGrath..because cricket only started in 2011..we will only talk about 2011 onwards and anyone who has achieved anything prior to that or failed prior to that doesn't count!
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 15-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.

You said that this series "proves" KP is the best batsman in the world. So either he was already the best batsman in the world (which is ridiculous in itself when you consider that Sanga and Kallis exist) or that his innings at Kolkata makes him the best batsman in the world (which is also ridiculous for obvious reasons).

Take your pick.

But of course, you did neither and made a completely irrelevant straw man instead.

You said that this series "proves" KP is the best batsman in the world. So either he was already the best batsman in the world (which is ridiculous in itself when you consider that Sanga and Kallis exist) or that his innings at Kolkata makes him the best batsman in the world (which is also ridiculous for obvious reasons).

Take your pick.
    Well for me KP has been the best since 2005 when I first saw him..its just that he didn't have the records and achievements to back that up.. with every year as he is accomplishing different things, he is establishing that point! Prior to the indian series, the dumbos would say Pietersen has not scored in India, Pietersen cannot play left arm spin..so now the dumbos wouldn't be able to resort to that!! That's what I meant by establishing that he is the best!

I have the same assessment of Kohli.. Kohli in my eyes is right up there, among the best but obviously for him to establish himself as the best, he has to achieve much more and I want him to do that..like scoring more Test centuries as he plays more Test cricket!

As for Kallis and Sanga,.I never said Kallis and Sanga are rubbish.. Kallis and Sanga are among the best batsmen today too..if you ask me my personal preference, I think Pietersen is slightly better than both but as of now, his career accomplishments aren't enough to make that argument, especially not against Kallis..so I won't..but if you say currently, yes I think he is the best..like you think currently Amla is the best..but career wise Kallis and Sanga have achieved more!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Trollers gonna troll.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Simon Champion!
    Ojha got a promotion ahead of Ishant. Interesting.

Ganguly saying that both umpires told him that the wicket is getting better for batting as the match goes on.

So a **** pitch is becoming even ****tier?

Thread Information