Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    things more common than a Tim Bresnan wicket
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Sehwag moving his feet
    Gambhir playing the short ball well
    Zaheer Khan being fit for a whole series.
    Sreesanth not deserving a slap in the face.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 15-12-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yesterday is why I love Test cricket. Side under pressure has a few good sessions and the entire series comes back in line again. Then they have a bad half an hour and all the momentum shifts again. You don't see that in other formats, or even other sports that don't last this long.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    I wish he hits a hundred in the second innings and signs off for good.
    no, no,
    just no
    i hope the match doesn't even get to that stage. forget unrealistic fairytale endings

i would love england to crumble and then the top 3 to do most of the scoring in the 4th innings.

2 down = 4 down nowadays (2-3 wickets fall in no time)

think he'll get under 20. his footwork is a mess now and it might be because he's not spotting the ball well.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    There will be, the pitch is going to turn into a minefield last day and a half
    That's the hope, isn't it. That England will have the better of conditions in the time that's left and be able to bat their way out of reach. Although if Ishant or anyone else removes Cook and couple of others before lunch tomorrow then the state of the pitch on Day 5 won't be much of a factor.

Fascinating match to follow, even if it's been less so to watch most of the time. Perhaps this will be the time when Bell stands up to be counted. More realistically, a couple of big innings from two of Cook, Trott and KP would be very welcome indeed. Strauss was often handy in these situations actually.

Beyond that, do we reckon that Bresnan will finish with more runs or wickets in the match? There must be a chance of him finishing with none of either, which may be a first for an opening bowler who's supposed to be able to bat a bit.
    Last edited by wpdavid; 15-12-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Beyond that, do we reckon that Bresnan will finish with more runs or wickets in the match? There must be a chance of him finishing with none of either, which may be a first for an opening bowler who's supposed to be able to bat a bit.
    Looking a bit of a spent force, sadly, isn't he?

George Dobell points out on cricinfo that since his comeback he averages 55 with the ball and 17 with the bat.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Just don't see it being a minefield it's too slow to be that, it may even get less easy to score on. I reckon Cooky will score a 20 not out in 7 hours.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    we shouldn't really get a result in another 6 sessions on THIS pitch imho.

having said that, if do somehow get it, then in all likelihood the losing team will have choked.

U19 Cricketer
    I expect TT Bresnan to be very dangerous in the fourth innings on this pitch. Big LBW threat. Hope no Indian batters are reading this.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    we shouldn't really get a result in another 6 sessions on THIS pitch imho.

having said that, if do somehow get it, then in all likelihood the losing team will have choked.
    India are 2-1 down, so they need the result. They could definitely lose here as a byproduct of going all out for the win without it being a choke.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    India are 2-1 down, so they need the result. They could definitely lose here as a byproduct of going all out for the win without it being a choke.

Yes, good point, actually the original definition of a choke is someone not having the bottle to go for a win then failing through negativity. So if India lose it would almost certainly be the opposite.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    This is my far my favourite series of the year!! Loving every bit of it..This series highlighted why I love test cricket so much

I wanted England to do well in India.. I wanted them to destory the myth that they cannot play spin..They did
    I wanted Pietersen to do well and destroy the myth that he cannot play left arm spin or in the subcontinent and establish that he is the best batsman today..he did.
    I wanted Cook to do well as a captain and batsman..he did
    I wanted the over hyped Indian spinners to be exposed as ordinary..they were.
    I wanted Kohli to do well and show he is world class, not just in ODIs but Test too..and what an innings he played..a man who can chase 320 in 40 over and take 90 off the so called best ODI bowler in the world bats a whole day to score 103 runs..what a batsman, what talent! Can't wait for him to become the number 1 batsman in the world
    I wanted Dhoni to perform and shut all the two faced fans and writers and journalists..who when Dhoni is doing well describe him as unflappable and calm, but when he is doing poorly, will describe the same man as indifferent and doesn't care about Test cricket and India.. these people who change their tune based on the result are the real scum of the Earth

At the beginning of the series, I wanted England to win..especially after the way Cook fought in the first test match..but now with Dhoni and Kohli fighting the way they did..I kind of want them to level this series!! Ah Test cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    This is my far my favourite series of the year!! Loving every bit of it..This series highlighted why I love test cricket so much

I wanted England to do well in India.. I wanted them to destory the myth that they cannot play spin..They did
    I wanted Pietersen to do well and destroy the myth that he cannot play left arm spin or in the subcontinent and establish that he is the best batsman today..he did.
    I wanted Cook to do well as a captain and batsman..he did
    I wanted the over hyped Indian spinners to be exposed as ordinary..they were.
    I wanted Kohli to do well and show he is world class, not just in ODIs but Test too..and what an innings he played..a man who can chase 320 in 40 over and take 90 off the so called best ODI bowler in the world bats a whole day to score 103 runs..what a batsman, what talent! Can't wait for him to become the number 1 batsman in the world
    I wanted Dhoni to perform and shut all the two faced fans and writers and journalists..who when Dhoni is doing well describe him as unflappable and calm, but when he is doing poorly, will describe the same man as indifferent and doesn't care about Test cricket and India.. these people who change their tune based on the result are the real scum of the Earth

At the beginning of the series, I wanted England to win..especially after the way Cook fought in the first test match..but now with Dhoni and Kohli fighting the way they did..I kind of want them to level this series!! Ah Test cricket
    nah, he's not the best batsman in the England team, and pales before the likes of Kallis and Clarke

Lol at the idea of KP being the best batsman in the world
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    India should declare overnight.

Discuss.

Why sacrifice runs? There's only 2 wickets in hand, Ashwin may as well have a swing and try and reduce the deficit further.

They aren't losing time by batting on, they're reducing what they will potentially have to chase. It doesn't help them much at all.

Thread Information