Page 51 of 675 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Can't say I rate Patel's bowling much, I think giving the Indians a spinner of his ilk to face would be playing into their hands. Hope he proves me wrong, but I'd rather he not bowl more than a handful of overs each game.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Panesar wasn't so bad in the UAE so it could be that given the right pitches he might click
    Was up against Pakistan. That's the key difference. They can't play him for toffee, India can.

Panesar is purely a horses for courses guy because he bowls almost entirely the same way regardless of anything else.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Banned
    England have missed a trick by not including Napier in the Test squad! He's is the kind of player that has a T20 hundred and can pack a punch, SR is absolutely essential these days to being a top quality test batsman Napier would have given you guys that impetus! Looking at your top order that is now lacking!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    not sure if serious
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Y Pathan 94.37 View Post
    England have missed a trick by not including Napier in the Test squad! He's is the kind of player that has a T20 hundred and can pack a punch, SR is absolutely essential these days to being a top quality test batsman Napier would have given you guys that impetus! Looking at your top order that is now lacking!
    Good point, welcome to the site :0

I agree TBH, him and Trego are clearly what we need, bit of blackwell too, and we'd be sorted. It's clearly the masterplan.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Good point, welcome to the site :0

I agree TBH, him and Trego are clearly what we need, bit of blackwell too, and we'd be sorted. It's clearly the masterplan.
    Tbf, we could have done with Trego this summer.

Tour Match: Somerset v South Africans at Taunton, Jul 9-10, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    not sure if serious
    He can't be surely. I'mma gonna go check something.

And Grecian Trego ain't gonna be in the test team anytime soon (Trego to be picked for the NZ tour now ofc) although he should have picked up some LO recognition.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

LFD
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Got to be Monty over Patel.

They are spinners and picked primarily to get wickets. Monty is much more likely to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by LFD View Post
    Got to be Monty over Patel.

They are spinners and picked primarily to get wickets. Monty is much more likely to do that!
    Patel is a top 7 batsmen, not a player primarily to get wickets.

If you went in with Panesar over Patel, you'd have Bres at 7 and Broad at 8. For a side whose main concern is their dodgy batting in Asia, that's a heck of a long tail.

Banned
    Why would I be joking about a player of the calibre of Napier?? The guy has a T20 hundred at Chlemsford! As I say he knows how to pack a punch!

Cook may get some runs if he gets past the new ball but he's going to do it with a slow strike rate and I feel that we will always be able to control the game with him there! That is why England really could do with picking a Napier type player as SR in the modern game is as essential ingredient to being a complete player.

Cook
    Dennis
    Trott
    KP
    Bell
    Patel
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Swann - I just feel he's a sizeably better payer of spin than Broad tbh.
    Broad
    Anderson

Is the XI I reckon they'll go with tbh.

@YPathan: We do not need Napier the guy isn't much cop in FC to get onto the tour and a T20 hundred proves nothing as to whether the player is test class.
    Last edited by Viscount Tom; 13-11-2012 at 01:12 PM.

At CHELMSORD?

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Cook
    Dennis
    Trott
    KP
    Bell
    Patel
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Swann - I just feel he's a sizeably better payer of spin than Broad tbh.
    Broad
    Anderson

Is the XI I reckon they'll go with tbh.
    Yeah, suspect that's the XI they'll go with. Moving Swann ahead of Broad is far to a radical move for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Yeah, suspect that's the XI they'll go with. Moving Swann ahead of Broad is far to a radical move for them though.
    Yeah although for my money I feel that Swann's the better batsman anyway Broad's a bit more like a Brett Lee sort in that he can bat and he can bat well but he's not a bowling all-rounder in the way I'd say Swann is (at least was in the domestic)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Yeah although for my money I feel that Swann's the better batsman anyway Broad's a bit more like a Brett Lee sort in that he can bat and he can bat well but he's not a bowling all-rounder in the way I'd say Swann is (at least was in the domestic)
    Napier's bowling touches on 90 MPH that coupled with his ability to hit a long ball make it a real mystery why England have not decided to go with a batsman of his undoubted stature based on SR he was signed by Mumbai Indians! Not many guys in the England team managed a gig in IPL so it says a lot about his stature in the game!

Thread Information