• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for England this.

Need to sort out that top order form and soon. Conditions were not great batting first but many loose shots.

Howe_zat

Audio File
On ya Morgs. Still our best ODI player by a long way IMO. Dropping him for Root would be beyond mad.
I'm not sure he's a better one-day batsman than Cook right now but he's really our only middle-order bat with much of a record there. When we talk about how Bell or KP need to open after much testing lower down, it puts his achievements there in perspective.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
England's side looks far more settled than India.

Except for 3/4 slots almost all the other positions are up for grab.

Howe_zat

Audio File
My CT side

Cook
KP
Trott
Root/Bell
Morgan
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn

Bresnan selection depends on his fitness, obviously, though I wouldn't just replace him with Woakes as then there'd be 2 fast bowlers in the side we'd have to protect from the death along with Anderson, who ought to be a weapon we shouldn't ignore at home. Four seamers seems the way to go - chasing a low total after taking new-ball wickets has been the way we've won all these home series over the last few years.

I can't think of another front line bowler who could reasonably bat at #7, other than perhaps Woakes who isn't suitable as a poor man's Anderson. If Bresnan isn't bowling well enough to demand a proper spot it'll be someone who contributes with the bat first and formost. I'd rather not turn to Patel, instead playing Bopara or maybe Stokes if he's having a good season. Harsh on Tredwell but two offies in the side doesn't seem reasonable.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think Woakes could do a serviceable job in England as the 5th bowler and number 7 bat. Sure it would leave us short of death options, but if Bresnan isn't performing then he's hardly going to be much better, and I'd rather Woakes than Dernbach or Meaker.

smash84

The Tiger King
Surely he means India. Everyone knows that Broad, Swann and probably Anderson will be straight back in by the time the world cup is around and that will make us much stronger than the popgun attack we had in this series.
England will still remain pop gun in ODIs.

They don't really care about that format

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbf at the end of 2011 a lot of people were saying how they didn't care about the format. Funny how all that changed once England won series.

Nothing wrong with that imo, but no need to deny it

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tbf at the end of 2011 a lot of people were saying how they didn't care about the format. Funny how all that changed once England won series.

Nothing wrong with that imo, but no need to deny it
Twaddle, many of the fans still don't care that much (still third best format for me). Yet that doesn't really matter, it's the accusations that the Team and Management don't care is the problem