Page 50 of 675 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Helps teammates too PEWS

Banned
    A billion Indians on the Internet are preparing their ridiculous insults at this very moment.
    Indian and Pakistani cricket fans on the net are by and large the biggest collection of idiots in the world. There was an article on cricinfo recently about the XI ugly-but-effective cricketers, and there was a folood of comments from pakistanis accusing cricinfo of being racist because they called javed miandad ugly... wtf?

Can see where Anderson's coming from, though... suprisingly sounded pretty frank and intelligent there. Can't quite believe this could be sachin's last series (probably wont)
    Last edited by Satyanash89; 13-11-2012 at 05:43 AM.

"There is no question in my mind that he has been one of the best batsmen -- if not the best -- for 20-odd years," Anderson wrote in his column in Daily Mail. "But we have to make sure we do not treat him with too much respect in the middle."
    Have to love how the daily fail has turned - Anderson warning his team mates to not get swayed away by Tendulkar because he's ****ing good and can make you pay if you get sucked in, to appearing like - Anderson personally doesn't respect Tendulkar too much.

Such a terrible headline.
    Last edited by Teja.; 13-11-2012 at 05:51 AM.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Potential boost for India, there is a chance of Ishant Sharma not been fit for the first test.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    lol...that sounds like a major boost
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Have to agree with Dravid on Panesar. Feel like he will be a far more threatening bowling option than Patel. I reckon he could easily outbowl Swann.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Potential boost for India, there is a chance of Ishant Sharma not been fit for the first test.
    He won't play anyways, pretty sure Yadav is going to keep his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Feel like he will be a far more threatening bowling option than Patel.
    Don't think anyone would disagree, but it's not exactly about that.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Exactly, Patel is in as primarily a batsmen.

Now where have we had this conversation before...

Have to agree with Dravid on Panesar. Feel like he will be a far more threatening bowling option than Patel. I reckon he could easily outbowl Swann.
    I thought Dravid was trying to get England to screw themselves over by playing a complete waste of space.

Donkey averages over 50 in India, over 50 in Sri Lanka and over 50 in West Indies.

Unless you get a minefield he's going to be entirely useless on any other pitch served up by India against a team who don't play spin badly.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    I thought Dravid was trying to get England to screw themselves over by playing a complete waste of space.

Donkey averages over 50 in India, over 50 in Sri Lanka and over 50 in West Indies.

Unless you get a minefield he's going to be entirely useless on any other pitch served up by India against a team who don't play spin badly.
    Call it a hunch, but IMO having a spin attack which turns it both ways is key. I just feel like Panesar could be really dangerous (particularly if they play on minefields, which they probably will), and Patel is going to totally flop.

Call it a hunch, but IMO having a spin attack which turns it both ways is key. I just feel like Panesar could be really dangerous (particularly if they play on minefields, which they probably will), and Patel is going to totally flop.
    I doubt it, a minefield would level the playing field. A typical slow turner is far more advantageous to India.

Having bowlers who aren't complete useless is key. Patel or Panesar will both struggle heavily. Picking Panesar in a 4 man attack would be like waving the white flag. If Patel plays it's because he can bat.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Because Dinda is so much better....
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Whom would you pick to partner Ashwin? Harbhajan's been patchy, while Ojha's been in rather poor form across formats. Either of them would benefit by spin-friendly pitches that make Yuvraj Singh competitive- and his contribution with the ball is also critical.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    I doubt it, a minefield would level the playing field. A typical slow turner is far more advantageous to India.

Having bowlers who aren't complete useless is key. Patel or Panesar will both struggle heavily. Picking Panesar in a 4 man attack would be like waving the white flag. If Patel plays it's because he can bat.
    Panesar wasn't so bad in the UAE so it could be that given the right pitches he might click

Thread Information