• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kevin Pietersen ‏@kevinpp24

For the record - last night was the best atmosphere I have ever played in front of.. Deafening! Thanks Kochi.. Love KP x

“@khurram1192: @kevinpp24 are you saying this for real? What about playing at the MCG?” Yes! Louder than MCG on Boxing Day..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah subcont fans are loud as ****. Don't show appreciation to the opposition at times though which is disappointing.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Gonna be honest I preferred watching the Boxing Day Test back in 10.

Still good to see games with a good atmosphere though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

For the record - last night was the best atmosphere I have ever played in front of.. Deafening! Thanks Kochi.. Love KP x

“@khurram1192: @kevinpp24 are you saying this for real? What about playing at the MCG?” Yes! Louder than MCG on Boxing Day..
Tbf, all the Australians cleared off pretty early at the MCG. And they hardly had anything to cheer about.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are people taking things KP seriously, he's just trying to rack up the endorsements for when he next plays IPL.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Think he was talking about the atmosphere. i.e the noise in the stadium.

Test crowds in Australia are more quiet like in England compared to ODI anyway and Indian crowds are generally louder. Also, there were 60,000 people in the stadium and this Kochi stadium is built in such a way that the noise exaggerates.

Even during the IPL it used to have so much noise that the umpires used to find it difficult to hear nicks.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, reckon about 20,000 Indians would be louder (in the right ground) than 70,000 at an Australian ground. Especially when 20,000 of them are at the bar after lunch on Boxing Day.

The 'G being so large doesn't really keep the sound in as much either; 50,000 at Etihad seems louder than the same number at the 'G, IMO.

Not saying that I think that Etihad is better than the 'G, for the record.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Exactly. I really don't see how KP's comments are controversial. The crowd were ridiculously loud for that second ODI. No idea at all how the umpires could hear a faint nick with that noise.

Tbf, this was the same case for most Indian matches in the 90s when crowds would flock to see the team. Nothing new being said from KP. Its just the fact that this has stopped being the case for the majority of Indian matches in the last 5-7 years.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I wonder what they find to keep hollering about through the day. Wickets falling, sure..boundaries, OK. But the noise never really goes down at Indian grounds. Often, they just keep yelling like fools for no apparent reason. Show them a camera and you get a front row seat for the worst in humanity.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
My favourite is how much louder the crowds get for a ball in the air that goes for one, than a rocketing cover drive along the ground for four.