• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
eh I'm just more annoyed at the way he got out, it's almost as if he had a bit of a brain freeze cuz he just got stuck.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The difference between Finn & Dernbach's ODI record to date is pretty stark, with the latter going at about a run and a half per over more.

Good start though. How do we think Woakes will go?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
eh I'm just more annoyed at the way he got out, it's almost as if he had a bit of a brain freeze cuz he just got stuck.
He was trying to work it towards the onside, when he should have been playing it straight or defending it.

Because he had 4 off 14, he felt like he had to score of everything and he does that on a consistent basis which is frustrating.

Got the length wrong too, it seemed. Strange dismissal altogether, yeah.

Reevo

Cricket Spectator
He likes to start his innings while rotating the strike usually and by playing some shots on the off side. When that is cut off due to field restrictions in ODI's he just panics trying to up the ante. Today, when he didn't need to play these shots he was swinging at every ball.

Opening with Gambhir isn't helping either, as both aren't aggressive.
Rahane's not in the best nick right now, you can see it with the way he's batting. He's also throwing away starts with stupid shots. This is why you don't keep a player on the sidelines with him playing little to no cricket while being in top form for a long while. We did this with Tyagi too, he was backup for a whole year, played no cricket, then lost his form. Rahane will probably get form back as soon as he goes back to domestic cricket because he's a far superior batsman compared to most of the other young batsmen, but it's just bad player management imo.

Opening with Gambhir isn't helping because he's not in form either. The selectors have just got to be forceful and drop him. Give him a reason to be proactive and get back in form. Hell, I'm a big Kohli fan and he could use a break too if he doesn't get runs today, Pujara is in tremendous form and now would be the perfect time for him to play and give Kohli a breather.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a Jadeja type bowling pitch, ball is stopping a bit, 250+ should be pretty good I'd say.

smash84

The Tiger King
i doubt though....Dinda might be preferable to dernbach

Dernbach has an ODI ER of 6+ or something......ridiculous....and he has played probably like 20 matches by now

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
i doubt though....Dinda might be preferable to dernbach

Dernbach has an ODI ER of 6+ or something......ridiculous....and he has played probably like 20 matches by now
Dinda has a ER of 6.18 in 13 matches.

Dernbach has a ER of 6.08 in 19 matches.

Dinda Wins. :p

Also, Dernbach can produce some good wicket taking deliveries atleast. Dinda only is good at the death, and i am suspecting that is too because of his action which will be figured out soon.

smash84

The Tiger King
Dinda has a ER of 6.18 in 13 matches.

Dernbach has a ER of 6.08 in 19 matches.

Dinda Wins. :p

Also, Dernbach can produce some good wicket taking deliveries atleast. Dinda only is good at the death, and i am suspecting that is too because of his action which will be figured out soon.
dernbach has bowled on some supporting wickets and still been ****