• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
and unless there is some reason that im not thinking off i dont really like england batting first here. so easy for india to win playing like this.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good start, but we must need well over 350 with this attack in these conditions.

And surely Buttler should be playing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
god i love ali cook. bell needs to crack on here - 100 of 120 is not good enough.
Do you think he's smart enough to realise that?

It's a good platform, but you'd think we need KP and/or Morgan do go ballistic to set up a really challenging target. As you say, this isn't a situation where Bell can bat for the most of the innings at 85% RPB

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Why do people always assume that good stands are entirely down to the pitch?

Let's give them a chance eh?
Only based on what the local commentators are saying about this track. I think they know more about it than I do.

And no-one's saying that the openers didn't do well - only that we probably need an abnormally big score here.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Why do people always assume that good stands are entirely down to the pitch?

Let's give them a chance eh?
last warmup match bell scores 108 off 125. opposition comfortably chase down what looks like a big score to england but is nothing more than average in india with opener dhawan scoring 110 off 109.

it's a different game in india and why england struggle in india. bell and cook are decent bats but if india were 120-0 off 20 they would be pushing on, englands inclination is too continue on in the same vein.

the new restrictions with only 4 men allowed out allow for even further acceleration.