• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Howe_zat

Audio File
Announcing the OD squads for the NZ tour before this mini-tour even started was probably enough of a broadcast that no-one cares about it.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
wtf, Anderson's much better than everyone else in his group.
he is better than them but he isn't a good odi bowler imo. Trash bowling from 30 overs +, terrible in asia. helpfully missed the last two odi series in india. decent in home conditions. ok not good imo.

next two world cups in Aus/NZ then England so planning is geared towards that somewhat but it amazes me that they don't seem to adjust their tactics in the slightest for india.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Not much to look forward to tomorrow for England fans. Doesn't even look like Buttler will play. Team looks doomed to fail even with india's problems. Bowling lacks both penetration and accuracy. Batting is mainly pedestrian.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cricinfo said:
Jade Dernbach, with his variations, is an important option in India, while Stuart Meaker's extra speed could push him in front of Chris Woakes.
Please don't let it be true :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Woakes will go the distance on these tracks, surely. Better off seeing the Surrey Boys Club haemorrhage runs than have Woakes blacklisted from the test team for this...

6.30am seems a reasonable start time tomorrow, actually... I don't think I'd get up any earlier but I'll manage the first hour, I reckon.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They should definitely play Briggs IMO. Even if it's just for the fact that he's better than the seam bowling alternatives.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This outfield is madness. Absolutely ridiculous. Fielding will make a huge difference today.

shankar

International Debutant
Ishant's wrist action seems to finally be back to what it was at the beginning of his career with the stock ball consistently coming into the batsman.

theegyptian

match has england score 310-320 and india knock it off for 4 or 5 with 3 overs to go. Need 350+ imo- not happening tho.

shankar

International Debutant
Aka we've forgotten how crap he used to be? :p
He was crap at the start of his career? Harsh. I was talking about this period. Regardless of whether he was good or not at least he was moving the ball. For ages now, he's just been praying for the odd random ball hitting the seam and doing something!