• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Eng team: Bell Pietersen Patel Morgan(c) Buttler Kieswetter (wk) Woakes Bresnan Tredwell Finn Dernbach

I'm backing an India A win. Cook out a bit of a cold. I know Bell did well last summer at the top of the order in ODI cricket but I'm hoping he gets canned with KP coming back. No Trott in this series means Bell will probably get this series at least

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bell surely ahead of Patel and Kieswetter/Buttler in the pecking order? I didn't want him to be recalled when he was, but surely you can't drop him now?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
going forward Patel ,Kieswetter and Buttler are all of more value to england imo. Saying that I wouldn't be playing Kieswetter in this series.

Bell just doesn't have the game to be useful to this team. Cook and Trott are both better at playing the anchor role and batting through the innings.And Bell is useless in the middle order.

You can't have Trott and Bell play together imo if you want to win a world cup and as annoying as Trott style of batting is in ODI cricket he is consistent and he doesn't lack character.

I guess its fine using Bell here because there is no Trott in this series. Personally I would like to see Root play instead of Bell.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, they went back for Christmas and the Holidays.

BCCI used that window to schedule a series against PAK.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Patel WAG! Get's Vijay.

Might have done enough though, as the selectors usually just need a drop of the hat to select him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Eng XI 33/1 of 8 overs

Sreesanth - 1/6 of 4 overs, ER: 1.5
Ishwar Pandey - 0/27 of 4 overs, ER: 6.75

Who tha' man?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What a surprise, the batsmen and bowlers with good OD records do well against an international line up. Even more surprising, the bowlers with poor OD records or lack of OD experience did poorly. This selection malarky is real rocket-science!