Page 451 of 675 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Cricket Spectator
    It's frustrating that Bell can be so f*cking flaky when he has played the gritty knocks needed by a side in trouble. Just happens all too infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
    It's frustrating that Bell can be so f*cking flaky when he has played the gritty knocks needed by a side in trouble. Just happens all too infrequently.
    Hesitant about the first one. Played well but got out when set at a really awkward moment for England.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    What a surprise, walk into work, go to cricinfo and learn that Ding Dong was out as I left the house - wac

Quote Originally Posted by Tromperie View Post
    Hmm yeah.. does seem to hit a good 70 odd every other year.. wag

State Vice-Captain
    Well well well, what's going on here. India have actually taken 4 wickets? Surprising.

Pitch sounds terrible though. And Bell out to Chawla

Would be interesting to see how Engalnd's seamers go on this pitch. And Panesar could be a real handful.

U19 Debutant
    How many of those who laughed off what I first said about Bell immediately after the first Test against Pakistan in the UAE have now come round to my POV?
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post

Would be interesting to see how Engalnd's seamers go on this pitch. And Panesar could be a real handful.
    They might try some bouncers, to see if they can hit India in the Gangulies
    Last edited by KungFu_Kallis; 13-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    How many of those who laughed off what I first said about Bell immediately after the first Test against Pakistan in the UAE have now come round to my POV?
    you said Bell & KP and we all know KP has gone since then so don't take too much credit you were just half right.

Ah, that's unnecessary.

Oh boy they're in the sticky stuff now

Watching on delay but fast forwarding between balls has brought me up to date.

My thoughts:

1. The below posts are pretty poor:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Basically we have a wicket that appears to be taking as much skill out of the game as possible and reducing it to a lottery - plus umpiring that's exacerbating that fact.

I'm taking it as a complement that India don't think they can win a straight fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Shooter.

I daresay just about anyone would love this deck. I fancy a bowl tbh
    Acting as if this is shooting pitch. Its a **** pitch, I agree with Spark. Not good for cricket. But **** me I would HATE to have to bowl on this. Yeah I could have an economy rate of 1.8, but do you realise how hard it is to get a wicket on this? To say this pitch is a lottery is ridiculous. And to suggest any bowler would want to bowl on this is crazy. Its a slow boring pitch. Woudn't want to bat on it, but wouldn't fear for my wicket on this pitch either. And I definitely wouldn't want to bowl on it.

I mean look at the wickets. A **** Compton shot, incorrect decision against Cook, horrible leave by Trott and Bell being Bell.

Yeah real lottery.

2. Sunil Gavaskar is so ****. Why the **** did he think Cook was out, both live and on replay? ****ing want to smack him in the face.

3. Ravi Shastri thinking KP was out for that run out appeal, wtf was he smoking? Live I knew he was safe, and the only reason I doubted myself was how positive Ravi sounded that KP was out. WAC. Come on man.

4. Chawla may have got a wicket, but what a disgraceful selection. 2nd seamer on this would have been so ****ing handy.

5. Thank **** both Broad and Finn are injured. Pretty lucky or India. Agre with those that say Onions would have been handy, but I'm not going to rule out Bresnan from succeeding yet. That being said, India should go after him.

6. To reiterate my above point, this really is a **** cricket wicket. Won't have any arguments from me here (as opposed to Ahmedebad).

7. Jadeja's hair is awesome.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Aw no.

Would take 200 from here.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Aw no.

Would take 200 from here.
    Aw No - YouTube

State Vice-Captain
    Jadeja, WAG.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    you said Bell & KP and we all know KP has gone since then so don't take too much credit you were just half right.
    You ought to read more carefully what I wrote at the time. I clearly distinguished between KP and Bell. The former I wrote was a very good batsman who had lost his way, but had the opportunity to get back to where he had been in the past once he got a bit of confidence and stopped tinkering with his technique. By contrast I maintained in the face of much hostility and hilarity that the latter was not and never had been good enough.

Thread Information