• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still prefer Jos to hit it straight, when he does these pre-meditated flicky things it's not as good, yes in the course of a long innings it can work, but he was doing so well smackint it straight.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, when midd off is up and you smack it straight it looks great, but when he's back and you miscue it straight, like everyone did on Thursday, it's pointless when you can ramp the same ball over fine leg.

grecian

We win, revenge will have to happen in the one dayers then.

What will our side be? still worry about the pace bowling

Cook
Bell
Kp
Morgan
Patel
Buttler (WK)
Woakes
Bresnan
Tredwell
Broad
Finn.

I'm just being optimistic about a certain player, not playing.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They'll go with Briggs over Woakes IMO. And, frustratingly for you it seems, they'll go with Kieswetter over Buttler.

Edit: Oh wait you were obviously talking about Dernbach, sorry. :p

grecian

They'll go with Briggs over Woakes IMO. And, frustratingly for you it seems, they'll go with Kieswetter over Buttler.

Edit: Oh wait you were obviously talking about Dernbach, sorry. :p
I was, I'm not sure they will go with CK, it really makes little sense to bat bedwetter out of position, for the best finisher in domestic cricket. I think these t20s were a dress-rehearsal, and he did okay, no more mistakes than CK makes really.

You could be right about Briggs, but they didn't actually show much faith in this series did they?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No but they haven't shown much faith in Woakes recently, bringing Dirtbag in instead of him in the South Africa One Dayers :@

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What will our side be? still worry about the pace bowling

Cook
Bell
Kp
Morgan
Patel
Buttler (WK)
Woakes
Bresnan
Tredwell
Broad
Finn.

I'm just being optimistic about a certain player, not playing.
Are we resting Swann for this series? I've only seen Jimmeh and Trott mentioned as being rested.

Pothas

Is Broad going to be fit?

Would rather leave him at home for some good old 'strength and conditioning.'