• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wright doesn't even bowl for Sussex in T20 cricket anymore so expecting him to be a viable second change option here was absurd. No surprise he's gone for 20 off 1.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That no ball more of a sign of someone who hasn't bowled much recently tbh.

And I'm not sure why the selectors are so enamoured by Meaker, in all formats. Whenever I've seen him in the county game he's been thrashed about by average players, and his economy rate backs that up. Not sure why they thought things would be any different internationally. This is a pretty godawful bowling attack imo.

Edit: Woop woop, claiming that one.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That no ball more of a sign of someone who hasn't bowled much recently tbh.

And I'm not sure why the selectors are so enamoured by Meaker, in all formats. Whenever I've seen him in the county game he's been thrashed about by average players, and his economy rate backs that up. Not sure why they thought things would be any different internationally. This is a pretty godawful bowling attack imo.

Edit: Woop woop, claiming that one.
Yeah Meaker is a terrible selection in limited overs cricket. He's been much more effective in four day cricket (back to back seasons taking a stack of wickets @ 22) and he does have the tools to trouble good batsmen if he bowls well so I can see why he's in the Test frame, but in both formats of limited overs cricket he just gets pumped.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent comeback from Meaker, had to give him another go, we've got to find another three overs from Root, Wright or Patel anyway.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would have just given Bres a 3rd instead of bowling Wright in the powerplay. Tredwell will be key here in the middle, especially with the number of left handers in the middle order.