• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I would drop Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin, Dhoni, Sharma, Ashwin, Ohja.

That's like 500 Tests worth of experience. :laugh:

Not like it's doing any good. For replacements: no ****ty fielders should be picked regardless of their other skills. And I can't believe this has to be said, how about not picking bowlers who've been averaging 50 in domestic cricket?
Why would you drop Ohja? I'll admit I was pissed at him yesterday for his batting but the guy has done well in the tests he's played, would be pretty lame to drop him when he's done well for us.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm assuming that's what Bell meant to do in Ahmedabad.

Easier on 75* on a road than on 0* when your team are in the ****, eh?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder what the most # of new debuts have been in a single test match for an established Test nation? India should go for that record. It's the only record they're likely to get anytime soon.
Here's a list of matches by the number of debutants

It's almost all first Tests, first Tests for many years or pre-war tours that send second teams.

The best I can find is the South Africans changing 7 of their 11 in the early 60s. The lost in England 3-0 in 1960, and for their next Test against New Zealand at home in 1961 they debuted all of Barlow, Bland, Bromfield, Elgie, Lawrence, Pollock and Walter. One of the players dropped was Hugh Tayfield, who never played again.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So if you're an Indian fan, and you really aren't happy with your team, how many guys do you drop?
not that disappointed with the series defeat coz i'd love to see the ****s get axed :twisted:

in the following order-

1) chawla
2) gambhir
3) tendulkar
4) dhoni (at least as captain)
5) sehwag
6) ishant
7) ashwin

i wouldn't mind if they retained the last 3 or 4.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why would you drop Ohja? I'll admit I was pissed at him yesterday for his batting but the guy has done well in the tests he's played, would be pretty lame to drop him when he's done well for us.
HE's done OK, not well. I don't see him as a #1 spinner. But I could be convinced to keep him. The others: out.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
not that disappointed with the series defeat coz i'd love to see the ****s get axed :twisted:

in the following order-

1) chawla
2) gambhir
3) tendulkar
4) dhoni (at least as captain)
5) sehwag
6) ishant
7) ashwin

i wouldn't mind if they retained the last 3 or 4.
If you drop Dhoni as captain there is zero cricketing reason for him to be in the Test team.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
HE's done OK, not well. I don't see him as a #1 spinner.
meh, he has bowled better than his figures suggest. If he had better support overall in the series I think his average would be better than it is now. Also him being a left handed spinner with an awesome eco rate does help, it's often an underrated trait of his which deserves more credit IMO. And who do you suggest we replace him with?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Same can be said of Bell last night to be fair, had he gone straight away then it was game on. 4 down with a kid on debut in and only 100 in front.
besides that though he failed miserably in all his other innings. (his mode of dismissals too :laugh: )

btw he had only scored 20 odd by the end of day yesterday.

to put it into perspective, i gave gambhir 3 for consistently scoring 30s, 40s,
gave sehwag a 3 too.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ojha is the least of your worries, had a decent series and been a lone fighter like Praveen Kumar was in England for the bowling attack.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch won't break if the test went on for 3 more days, it seems.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah agree
he's merely a defensive option. wicket to wicket.
5/10
how is he a defensive option? He can get enough wickets on his own, besides plenty of players have gone on record saying that Ohja's wicket to wicket bowling has allowed others to attack more and get wickets in the process.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
The pitch won't break if the test went on for 5 more days, it seems.
The ONLY point in having such a low, ****ty wicket is that it becomes a raging turner on the final two days, ensuring a result. Instead, we get this ****. Legitimately angry about this. Feel like this is one of the worst test pitches ever

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
meh, he has bowled better than his figures suggest. If he had better support overall in the series I think his average would be better than it is now. Also him being a left handed spinner with an awesome eco rate does help, it's often an underrated trait of his which deserves more credit IMO. And who do you suggest we replace him with?
I haven't been following Ranji closely but there has to be a few people taking wickets.

It doesn't really matter. Pick someone. You can't reward this bull****. As I said, Ohja might be the one I could be convinced to keep. Otherwise:

Cricket Records | Ranji Trophy, 2012/13 | Records | Most wickets | ESPN Cricinfo