• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Xuhaib

International Coach
Re: Ashwin I think he has place in the side atleast for sub cont tests if you have someone like Kumble or young Bhajji as your main strike bowler Ashwin can play as an all rounder and provide thew 2nd spinning option however with all due respect to Ojha he's decent but not Kumble so you can't afford a spinner who goes 50+ for his wickets in home tests.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hey, Pakistan are coming over for some ODI's this month, after a long while and for the first time after 26/11. Big win there and they'll find something to hide. :p

Think we should still do well in the ODI's against England too.
I wonder if Sachin will offer that same lame excuse again if India win the ODIs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well played to England, btw and Congratulations to all the fans.

This series has come as a bigger surprise to me than even the 2 4-0's.

Didn't expect it to be 4-0 but didn't really expect to lose either. This pitch has been **** and the curator deserves the sack, but Mumbai and Kolkata performances sucked.

Particularly Kolkata where the performance and the fight was lacking. They just crumbled. At Mumbai with the extra bounce there is a precedence of causing trouble to Indian batsman, but Kolkata was unexpected and what happens when they are shot of confidence Completely.

So, all in all some heads need to rumble starting with the Captain and the coach.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There's no intellectual honesty in this set up. Watch the ODI/T20s packed to the rafters. These same characters were disingenuous enough to suggest that the ODI reverse after the 0-4 last year was enough to wipe out the stain of that humiliation. They'll have at it again if we manage to win the LOIs. These are 30 year old assholes for ****sakes...if they hadn't learned some humility after those horrible defeats, then it's rich expecting them to introspect now.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's no intellectual honesty in this set up. Watch the ODI/T20s packed to the rafters. These same characters were disingenuous enough to suggest that the ODI reverse after the 0-4 last year was enough to wipe out the stain of that humiliation. They'll have at it again if we manage to win the LOIs.
If that happens it will be a tragedy.

One of those horrible scenarios when you actually consider cheering against your team for fear that a win is actually bad for your team in the long-run.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that I'm blaming Duncan Fletcher since you can't obviously fault him for India's crap performances since he became coach, but I was never keen on him to begin with (hadn't even heard of him in all honestly). So I think he also needs to get the boot whenever his term ends.

With a whole bunch of youngsters in the side over the coming years we need someone young who can bond with the players well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wonder what the most # of new debuts have been in a single test match for an established Test nation? India should go for that record. It's the only record they're likely to get anytime soon.

Sehwag. Another drop. Go away. Please.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Trott average 50 again.

Who gets this MOTM? Anderson? Maybe Trott but it's a bit of a overstatement to call this a matchsaving century. Kohli?
Dharmasena. Looked most likely out of anyone to create a wicket out of nowhere.

Realistically, Trott isn't getting out today and will end about 160*.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably. Did it from memory plus a series win always sees me be a bit nicer. Who would you take marks off?
bell and trott mainly.

for me 5 is an ok series. 8 constitutes a brilliant series.

i'd give bell 2.5
trott 6.5 or maybe 7 ( after his 100 today)

the runs they have scored today don't mean that much especially considering that the series ended last night and the pitch condition, although i'll give credit to trott for his long innings and his positivity.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If that happens it will be a tragedy.

One of those horrible scenarios when you actually consider cheering against your team for fear that a win is actually bad for your team in the long-run.
Never been a problem for Richmond.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So if you're an Indian fan, and you really aren't happy with your team, how many guys do you drop?
Well 2 were dropped before this test, GG needs to get the boot, Ishant as well and Chawla. I'd stick with the rest, at least until the Aussie series is over.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Without a doubt the most disappointing thing to come out of this series. Was defending him hard after the second innings of the first test, but all those who raised concerns about him then, even after the win, were proved right. Credit to all those posters.
thanks mate.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
bell and trott mainly.

for me 5 is an ok series. 8 constitutes a brilliant series.

i'd give bell 2.5
trott 6.5 or maybe 7 ( after his 100 today)

the runs they have scored today don't mean that much especially considering that the series ended last night and the pitch condition, although i'll give credit to trott for his long innings and his positivity.
Had Trott got out early in his innings, India were right in the game. Sure, it's been easier to go on with it than it often will be, but it has been a key innings IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So if you're an Indian fan, and you really aren't happy with your team, how many guys do you drop?
I would drop Sehwag, Gambhir, Sachin, Dhoni, Sharma, Ashwin, Ohja.

That's like 500 Tests worth of experience. :laugh:

Not like it's doing any good. For replacements: no ****ty fielders should be picked regardless of their other skills. And I can't believe this has to be said, how about not picking bowlers who've been averaging 50 in domestic cricket?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Had Trott got out early in his innings, India were right in the game. Sure, it's been easier to go on with it than it often will be, but it has been a key innings IMO.
im giving him alot of credit for his 70 runs last night. he changed the momentum.