• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I dunno. Not that confident, Clarke and Hussey aside.

Looking at the bowling, it's pretty inexperienced in India. Siddle wil be hugely important for us there. Hilf, I don't think he'll swing it. Patto is unknown, but if you bwol 140 plus and straight you're always a chance. Forget Harris. Starc - who knows? Forget Johnson. They could do worse than pick Dougeh, but he seesm out of contention for being Dougeh. Wonder if Cummins will be fit? If he is, do they risk bowling him on flat decks or do they save him for the Ashes? Forget Bird in India - trajectory and method is all wrong.

I'd like to see some 6'8" **** who bowls wicket to wicket on a fullish length. Be perfect. You just don't get many Garners and Ambroses come along though. NCN bangs it in at pace as quick as anyone around here atm.
i think aussie batsmen will do fine.

if india don't drop at least 2 of their batsmen after this game then i can't see aus losing the series, 1-1 worst case scenario

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Trott average 50 again.

Who gets this MOTM? Anderson? Maybe Trott but it's a bit of a overstatement to call this a matchsaving century. Kohli?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was just going to ask, given Dhoni's history in tight potential chases, what would he do if Cook did decide to declare now for giggles?
England series ratings (I reserve the right to change them in the event of any bizarre happenings in the final half day)

Cook - 10. Better than his 10-11 Ashes for a variety of reasons, even before you consider he's captaining us to a ****ing series win in India.
Compton - 6. Had his moments, worth another crack.
Trott - 8. Place was being questioned early on but has got better and better culminating in this knock
Pietersen - 8. Not on top form the whole time but played the series-defining innings. Reintegrated.
Bell - 5. Has done enough to keep his place, for now.
Root - 8. Couldn't have asked for much more from a debut innings.
Patel - 4. Unlucky with decisions but not Test standard.
Prior - 8. Batting has been vital, has had better series with the gloves.
Swann - 8. Stood up when needed, still a key player for us even though some had started to write him off.
Broad - 1. :(
Anderson - 8. Reminded us all how good he is.
Bresnan - 3. Awful in the first Test, forgettable in the 4th.
Finn - 5. Had his moments.
Panesar - 8. Worthy of his place and did enough to mean an injured Swann wouldn't be the disaster it might have been seen as a year ago.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Nagpur - Rise (2008) and Fall (2012) of Dhoni!"

So true lol. To think 4 years ago Dhoni made one of the best decisions captain wise with that 8-1 field to regain the momentum.. it's come a full circle for MSD.
Holy ****!

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
England series ratings (I reserve the right to change them in the event of any bizarre happenings in the final half day)

Cook - 10. Better than his 10-11 Ashes for a variety of reasons, even before you consider he's captaining us to a ****ing series win in India.
Trott - 8. Place was being questioned early on but has got better and better culminating in this knock
Pietersen - 8. Not on top form the whole time but played the series-defining innings. Reintegrated.
Swann - 8. Stood up when needed, still a key player for us even though some had started to write him off.
Panesar - 8. Worthy of his place and did enough to mean an injured Swann wouldn't be the disaster it might have been seen as a year ago.
think you have been a bit generous to a few of the batsmen there.

india-

gambhir- 3 (minus 1 for running out sehwag and pujara last match)
sehwag- 3 (nothing besides that 100 in test 1)
pujara- 7.5
tendulkar- 1
kohli- 3.5
yuvraj- 0
jadeja- 3
dhoni- 2 (**** captain)
ashwin- 4 (mostly for his batting)
ojha- 5 (bowled ok most of the series)
ishant- 3.5
zaheer- 3
harbhajan- 0
chawla- 1.5

After doing the ratings, it seems like india are lucky to have only lost 2-1

Xuhaib

International Coach
what do Indian fans make of Ashwin his series average of 53 with the ball flatters him as he had few cheap wickets last game. Quality with the bat but I am afraid thats not his job tbh.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

I thought Finn bowled pretty well in the test he played and was pretty unlucky on the first day. I'd give him 7.

Bell lucky to get 5 even with this innings.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
what do Indian fans make of Ashwin his series average of 53 with the ball flatters him as he had few cheap wickets last game. Quality with the bat but I am afraid thats not his job tbh.
Yep, been massively disappointing with the ball after the first test.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ian bell set to cost sachin a last innings because he is taking freakin' forever to get his ton

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Drop him. But not if the selectors actually think Chawla is a legitimate replacement.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think he's a good enough test bowler, his high arm action is in some ways a negative thing, he's tall and so he does get a bit more bounce but I think he needs to turn it more to be called a premier spinner, also needs to be more consistent, too many loose balls on offer, especially against left handers. And I don't buy that "I'm more attacking so I will go for runs every now and then" crap, if Ojha can get wickets by being consistent than so can you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Without a doubt the most disappointing thing to come out of this series. Was defending him hard after the second innings of the first test, but all those who raised concerns about him then, even after the win, were proved right. Credit to all those posters.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Losing a home series is probably the best thing that could happen to Indian cricket. All of the denial, from officials and players, along the lines of 'wait till they come over here', it's impossible after this series. There's nowhere to hide and maybe, just maybe, that will result in at least some of the required actions being taken.

I would also like to take this opportunity to suggest this has been a much more enjoyable tour thread than a lot I've seen of late. Mainly down to Jono being a gun. The rest of you are still ****s :ph34r:
Hey, Pakistan are coming over for some ODI's this month, after a long while and for the first time after 26/11. Big win there and they'll find something to hide. :p

Think we should still do well in the ODI's against England too.