• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dinner at 12.30pm, you really are an old prick :ph34r:
There was a school of thought from the older generation when I was growing up that to say "lunch" was a bit uncouth, and you ought to say "dinner".

Personally think it's a crock of ****.

In any event, this has been a surprising result for England, more so for how toothless India has looked rather than a 2-1 scoreline itself.

Agree with those who say India needed this. The "never mind the away pizzlings, we'll be right at home" attitude is piss poor, and this mght correct it. Maybe the biggest challenge in the history of Indian cricket needs to be faced - how do you tap a bloke like Tendulkar on the shoulder? I don't see anyone in the set up having the stones for it.

Still think Australia will struggle in India when we tour. Siddle aside, I don't know if our bowlers have the right method for the conditions, and Lyon will need to push the ball through a bit more than he does here, without reverting to that way of bowling everywhere. interesting times.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
So India's undefeated record since the ATG Aussie team defeat finally comes to an end, I guess the India fans will have to get use to more defeats at home over the next few years, really sad :(

Gambhir should be dropped (tests only), respect him a lot but he's struggled way too much, and his running between the wickets is really annoying. Sehwag needs to tighten up in the field, I have seen him make an effort batting wise this series, so I'd stick with him for 1-2 years still. Personally want Tendulkar to keep playing because I'm a selfish fan, but I wouldn't throw a tantrum if he retired or the selectors dropped him, performance hasn't been up to the mark unfortunately.

Dhoni.. feel for him, gets critised way too much, but I think needs to talk with the selectors and get things sorted out, still want him as ODI captain, defo needs to quit International T20's and give Kohli a go as captain in that format, for test matches I think it's worth sticking with him in this transition period, but I won't complain if he's replaced.

I hope Chawla is never picked again, Jadeja needs to be given 4 tests in Aussies, Ashwin should realize his bowling is not good enough purely as a bowler, so I think it's worth making him a true all rounder.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and Ishant still isn't good enough, I hope Praveen Kumar gets fit so he can come in, Awana should be given a go in the Aussie series as well.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
There was a school of thought from the older generation when I was growing up that to say "lunch" was a bit uncouth, and you ought to say "dinner".

Personally think it's a crock of ****.

In any event, this has been a surprising result for England, more so for how toothless India has looked rather than a 2-1 scoreline itself.

Agree with those who say India needed this. The "never mind the away pizzlings, we'll be right at home" attitude is piss poor, and this mght correct it. Maybe the biggest challenge in the history of Indian cricket needs to be faced - how do you tap a bloke like Tendulkar on the shoulder? I don't see anyone in the set up having the stones for it.

Still think Australia will struggle in India when we tour. Siddle aside, I don't know if our bowlers have the right method for the conditions, and Lyon will need to push the ball through a bit more than he does here, without reverting to that way of bowling everywhere. interesting times.
in comparison to england, i expect australian batsmen to have a even better time (due to the amount of cricket they have played their recently) but that can't be said about their bowling.
So i'm expecting a couple of draws at least.

warner, watson, clarke and hussey could all have a really good time in india against **** bowlers.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Praveen ever going to get fit?

You miss him so much.
Got absolutely no idea, I can't understand why he's been out of selection for so long, he can't possibly be injured for so this long.

I think India should forget the likes of Sreesanth, Ishant and other tried and tested fast bowlers and just throw in a whole bunch of new guys, honest to god they can't do any worse, missed Yadav in this series sooooooo much.

Xuhaib

International Coach
If Aus has to compete and win in India one of the batsman has to have a Cook like series easier said then done. Cook has had an ATG series maybe Hussy would need to fill that role not sure he is capable of doing it KP's role can be fulfilled by Clarke possible with even more consistency.It will not be easy India has been ordinary but don't forget England has played out of their skins. Personally see 1-1 or 2-1 India.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
in comparison to england, i expect australian batsmen to have a even better time (due to the amount of cricket they have played their recently) but that can't be said about their bowling.
So i'm expecting a couple of draws at least.

warner, watson, clarke and hussey could all have a really good time in india against **** bowlers.
Yeah I dunno. Not that confident, Clarke and Hussey aside.

Looking at the bowling, it's pretty inexperienced in India. Siddle wil be hugely important for us there. Hilf, I don't think he'll swing it. Patto is unknown, but if you bwol 140 plus and straight you're always a chance. Forget Harris. Starc - who knows? Forget Johnson. They could do worse than pick Dougeh, but he seesm out of contention for being Dougeh. Wonder if Cummins will be fit? If he is, do they risk bowling him on flat decks or do they save him for the Ashes? Forget Bird in India - trajectory and method is all wrong.

I'd like to see some 6'8" **** who bowls wicket to wicket on a fullish length. Be perfect. You just don't get many Garners and Ambroses come along though. NCN bangs it in at pace as quick as anyone around here atm.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The upcoming series is probably the best chance Aussies have got of beating India in India after a long time, however many problems Aussies have, India are waaaaay worse off.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
"Nagpur - Rise (2008) and Fall (2012) of Dhoni!"

So true lol. To think 4 years ago Dhoni made one of the best decisions captain wise with that 8-1 field to regain the momentum.. it's come a full circle for MSD.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Was just going to ask, given Dhoni's history in tight potential chases, what would he do if Cook did decide to declare now for giggles?
Now, they'd bat semi-cautiously until just after tea and then go for it. They can't not go for it at some point because of the series scoreline. That excludes Sehwag, who'd get 32 (29)