• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
ashwin won the battle there imo.
Absolutely agree..Being a newbie, he has done quite a few things well, except for his batting yesterday..

And well played England. Has given India a kick in the ass for their self-denial all these months..

So as Spikey(not sure its him or someone else who suggested) said, time to start a 'What will be the changes to Indian team for next test' thread..

Spark

Global Moderator
Saying he's lost the plot, clueless etc. and if he was the chairman of selectors, he'd be down there asking what the hell he was doing

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This was probably one of the five most important "individual" test matches India has played in recent times, probably since 2000. Especially when you consider what was on the line pre-match.

This ranks there with Chennai 2001 (vs. Aust), Sydney 2004, Cape Town 2007 and Cape Town 2011. Maybe Kolkata 2010 vs. SA important as well, as #1 ranking was on the line.

This is probably the most disappointing performance since Cape Town 2006. And this statement comes after 0-4 0-4 :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
how long for?
I think it was 6 months but I can't recall tbh. Something about 6 months or until the next time the team wins a series against the other country.

GF to confirm no doubt.

I'd rather not have a GIF as it will make me nauseous :(

centurymaker

International Captain
This was probably one of the five most important "individual" test matches India has played in recent times, probably since 2000. Especially when you consider what was on the line pre-match.

This ranks there with Chennai 2001 (vs. Aust), Sydney 2004, Cape Town 2007 and Cape Town 2011. Maybe Kolkata 2010 vs. SA important as well, as #1 ranking was on the line.

This is probably the most disappointing performance since Cape Town 2006. And this statement comes after 0-4 0-4 :laugh:
i don't think the performance in this match is the most disappointing given the pitch.
i actually found the indian perfromance in the last match so so much worse.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it was 6 months but I can't recall tbh. Something about 6 months or until the next time the team wins a series against the other country.

GF to confirm no doubt.

I'd rather not have a GIF as it will make me nauseous :(
Answer my message about lunch on Thursday, ****.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Excellent partnership this morning.

The runs coming so much more freely has largely come as a result of the field. Dhoni's had at least 2-3 close catchers in instead of saving the one and they've been useless because nothing's carried to them even when it's been edged. The rest of the game has had those catchers in the ring saving one.

Having a look at some player performance bets - going over on Ian Bell's miserable 58.5 (he'll get it in catches) and under Ojha's 128.5 (he'll be one of at least 3 spinners now).
:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
i don't think the performance in this match is the most disappointing given the pitch.
i actually found the indian perfromance in the last match so so much worse.
Nah, weak tactics is always worse than just being **** and outplayed.

They had horrible tactics - including pitch preparation. Had to play another turner.

This is the whole of Indian cricket I'm talking, not just the XI.