• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Well played England. Thoroughly outplayed India in all departments in this series, including spin bowling and batting spin. Must be a very satisfying series, this. Well deserved result!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah no doubt England deserve to win this series. And considering the Pakistan and Lanka tours (though they didn't lose that series), this is a really uplifting result for English cricket.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
‘It was just about the shot with the rolling ball he got away with,’ said Ashwin. ‘When you talk about gamesmanship, we think you should hold yourself to the standards you expect from the opposition.’

‘I said I could run him out if he could hit that ball,’ said Ashwin, a reference to the Jadeja incident.

‘He said you might as well run me out. But I said I wouldn’t. We’ve got him out enough time to get him out again.’
The **** is a guy with 15 matches' worth of experience doing answering for the team's behaviour? I don't get this new style of sending out different people to face the music after the day's play and it's not just here, it's happening with teams across the world. Piyush Chawla a few days ago? Sending out people who are in all probability semi literate to talk to the world.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played England. Thoroughly outplayed India in all departments in this series, including spin bowling and batting spin. Must be a very satisfying series, this. Well deserved result!
Thanks. very gracious of you to say.

It is, something very satisfying about winning this one, better than the ashes in Australia in a way as it is so surprising. Just puts the cherry on the cake of the best sporting year I have ever known in Britain.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The **** is a guy with 15 matches' worth of experience doing answering for the team's behaviour? I don't get this new style of sending out different people to face the music after the day's play and it's not just here, it's happening with teams across the world. Piyush Chawla a few days ago? Sending out people who are in all probability semi literate to talk to the world.
India always send out Ashwin when they are sucking balls.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So which England player will be the first in interviews after the game to mention Kohli and greentops then?

My money on Swann for this one.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Totally pressure-soaking, energy-sapping innings this from Trott, great stuff.

Happy I dun an all-nighter to see this. Well on the way.