• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

centurymaker

International Captain
Gavaskar has slammed sehwag for not putting in much effort whilst fielding

does it make him more likely to be dropped given that lack of commitment was a crucial factor in zaheer's axing?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag doesn't give a ****, is old and is now ****.

Gambhir is ****.

Probably need to get rid of Sehwag hey. Would love to drop those 2, but with Tendulkar going, we'd literally be starting from scratch.

centurymaker

International Captain
Sehwag doesn't give a ****, is old and is now ****.

Gambhir is ****.

Probably need to get rid of Sehwag hey. Would love to drop those 2, but with Tendulkar going, we'd literally be starting from scratch.
you certain that tendulkar's going?

no wrong in starting from srcatch when the new guys surely can't do any worse than the whitewashes and home defeats etc..

Teja.

Global Moderator
Indian batting averages for the series:

Sehwag - 253 runs @ 36.14
Gambhir - 251 runs @ 41.8
Pujara - 438 runs @ 87.6
Tendulkar - 112 runs @ 18.66
Kohli - 188 runs @ 31.33
Dhoni - 191 runs @ 31.83
Ashwin - 243 runs @ 60.75

Prima facie, opening averages don't look that bad compared to recent Indian standards, Tendulkar is the one utterly appalling one out of a largely mediocre bunch.

Pujara and AshWIN dominate.

Spark

Global Moderator
You realise how dodgy series averages are, though, when half a batsman's series runs can come in one innings from a long series

Teja.

Global Moderator
You realise how dodgy series averages are, though, when half a batsman's series runs can come in one innings from a long series
Yeah I do. I wasn't advocating any action based on them.

Just posted them as a point of interest.

smash84

The Tiger King
it would be the height of frustration if no real steps are taken to remedy the situation by indian cricket after this series

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he told me on MSN yesterday.
“Richie Benaud ‏@Richiebenaud1 said:

@patrick_kidd Pat, it’s an open secret that tomorrow is the little master’s last day in test cricket. Ravi Shastri just tweeted me.”

As twitterati besieged Benaud, he added a caveat: “my friends, it is true to the best of my knowledge. But if I’m proved wrong, blame Ravi Shastri!

Harsha Bhogle ‏@bhogleharsha

but i so want tendulkar to bat today...just to see him walk out once more...feeling that way this morning.

Dunno, whether that's Benaud's real account or not and Shastri isn't on twitter but that's Harsha's real account.

Spark

Global Moderator
Are the India media genuinely complaining about the spirit of cricket re: Trott?

They can **** right off.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't seen anything in the Indian media.

Not even from the likes of Gavaskar.

Only Ashwin when asked about his duel with trott said " I said I could run him out if he could hit that ball. ".

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
‘It was just about the shot with the rolling ball he got away with,’ said Ashwin. ‘When you talk about gamesmanship, we think you should hold yourself to the standards you expect from the opposition.’

‘I said I could run him out if he could hit that ball,’ said Ashwin, a reference to the Jadeja incident.

‘He said you might as well run me out. But I said I wouldn’t. We’ve got him out enough time to get him out again.’