Page 419 of 675 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    how did this convo get so far without someone pointing bollinger then went on to break down in his nest match (which just about won the test for india)
    played in china uimm

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    lol Rohit no thanks, keep that guy away from the Indian team, hope Rahane gets his chance and makes the most of it before Rohit enters the scene, but honestly I don't think we're gonna play another middle order bat, we should go in with Jadeja as our # 6, which will give a bit more flexibility in our bowling and ease the workload for the rest our bowlers to an extent.

With Ashwin at # 8 I think we're good batting wise (in terms of how low we bat obviously). Apparently this Parwana dude can bat (hit 74 recently). So I guess there is that too.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    how did this convo get so far without someone pointing bollinger then went on to break down in his nest match (which just about won the test for india)
    we were waiting for you to make your entry..we don't tend to remember pie chuckers like Bollinger you see

I have a solution for India's selection dilemmas.

Barter system of exchange works when there is a double coincidence of wants.

India needs bowlers
    Pakistan needs batsmen.

Ashwin is a better batsman than Hafeez
    Hafeez is a better spinner than Ashwin

Pakistan and India should carry out a barter transaction.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 11-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Had a chuckle at the use of the word "barter".

I'll give you a left-arm quick and three goats for a middle order bat
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Had a chuckle at the use of the word "barter".

I'll give you a left-arm quick and three goats for a middle order bat
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Are they milking goats or domestic goats?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

The most important thing for India is Ashwin gets his **** together and starts bowling well again a la first innings of first test and NZ.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Being pedantic I know, but the batting clicking is more important. Doesn't matter how well India bowl, if they keep collapsing like they are (particularly on tracks relatively easy to bat on like the Eden one) they're not going to win ****.

Being pedantic I know, but the batting clicking is more important. Doesn't matter how well India bowl, if they keep collapsing like they are (particularly on tracks relatively easy to bat on like the Eden one) they're not going to win ****.
    Yeah, I meant from a more long-term, career-development POV. It'll be terrible if we squander a spinner with the talent-level that Ashwin has.

Batting clicking is definitely more important for the next game.
    Last edited by Teja.; 11-12-2012 at 01:46 AM.

They posted 300 plus totals batting first in both the games..while that is not great..its not a terrible effort by any means..certainly not a score where the bowlers have no chance..if the bowling was up to the mark, I can see them making a game out of it..

Mumbai's first innings batting was okay, but Kolkata's was really poor. That was a 450 wicket.

And the second innings, what excuse was there for that post-lunch collapse? They lost like 6 wickets in an hour or something.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Hypothetical I know but if India lost this series and Dhoni was dropped would Ashwin bat above Saha, possibly the best way for Ashwin to stay in the side is as a batting all rounder even though he may well become a good bowler again in time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Hypothetical I know but if India lost this series and Dhoni was dropped would Ashwin bat above Saha, possibly the best way for Ashwin to stay in the side is as a batting all rounder even though he may well become a good bowler again in time anyway.
    I think Ashwin have to keep his batting going inorder to stay in the side eventhough he is better then what he has show nwith the ball in this series he's not a patch on Kumble or a young bhajji and for India to maintain their home dominance they do need spinners of that caliber however if Ashwin keeps his batting going he could play an ideal role as a #7 bat and a 2nd spinner.

Mumbai's first innings batting was okay, but Kolkata's was really poor. That was a 450 wicket.

And the second innings, what excuse was there for that post-lunch collapse? They lost like 6 wickets in an hour or something.
    Yeah I had to do something outside for a bit, come back and bam, it's four/five down after being none down at lunch. Was a surprise tstl.

Thread Information