• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

centurymaker

International Captain
Hardly going to care about that with a series win in the bag is he?
it's the 'english cricket team' that has won it :ph34r:

actually the 'old british empire XI' :p

(thinking about it in depth now- we fans often forget that we have made no contribution whatsoever, so there's really no real reason to feel overjoyed or dejected.
we are a bunch of ****s wasting our time or getting entertained watching others win or lose, make $$$$ and have a reasonably good time playing sports)

back on topic

better to lose to england than to australia for obvious reasons.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's the 'english cricket team' that has won it :ph34r:

actually the 'old british empire XI' :p

(thinking about it in depth now- we fans often forget that we have made no contribution whatsoever, so there's really no real reason to feel overjoyed or dejected.
we are a bunch of ****s wasting our time or getting entertained watching others win or lose, make $$$$ and have a reasonably good time playing sports)

back on topic

better to lose to england than to australia for obvious reasons.
:laugh:

Wonder if you can regroup fast enough to beat them?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hardly going to care about that with a series win in the bag is he?
Haha, whilst true, this is a place to chat about cricket. If all that mattered is whether your team won itd be pointless to give opinions as you'd never care if you were right because you support a winnin team.

flibbertyjibber

Haha, whilst true, this is a place to chat about cricket. If all that mattered is whether your team won itd be pointless to give opinions as you'd never care if you were right because you support a winnin team.
Yeah but he will just laugh off the stick as the team won. Had the series result gone the other way you'd be more grumpy about tasting it.

Anyway this is still the worst test pitch I can remember that has gone the distance, obviously the ones called off in West Indies were worse but at least they were comical.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Maybe not overnight, but I don't think declaring behind would be the worst move in the world.

It could conceivably take India a session to eke out a 30 run lead, which IMO suits England more than India. If I was Dhoni and either the pitch started playing funny buggers or the score was crawling along at 1-2 rpo, I wouldn't hesitate in declaring behind.
Furball4captain

centurymaker

International Captain
:laugh:

Wonder if you can regroup fast enough to beat them?
firstly, if they retained dhoni as captain, India will lose again imo. His captaincy is ****, his leadership is **** as there's seldom much intensity on the field. To add to that the
0-4, 0-4, 1-2 returns for a WC winning captain is more than enough to suggest that he's having a detrimental impact now. Team needs a change and a new guy to lead it.
Thats just one issue. Then there's 3 batting passengers in the side namely gambhir, sachin and no.6.
so on...

bbci will also make a lot less from the games (including ipl) as the indian team's viewership falls with each defeat
having said that, if india manage to comprehensively win ODIs and T20 etc, because thats what the large majority of the people prefer, then by the time the aus is on the horizon, everyone will have calmed down and partly forgotten about the issues. therefore, bbci will be fine and so barely any changes will be made 8-)

seriously, these odis and t20s etc should be postposned so that they are forced to address the issues now!!

centurymaker

International Captain
the only reason it has been fascinating is that the series has been on the line..
otherwise it has been a **** game for particularly a neutral, no doubt.

Xuhaib

International Coach
the only reason it has been fascinating is that the series has been on the line..
otherwise it has been a **** game for particularly a neutral, no doubt.
nah its been decent viewing if not more. Credit to both sides for their batting its very easy to have one really big collapse on this track and loose the game in a session.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously? Been horrible viewing. One of the most excruciating Test matches to watch that I've ever seen.

All the intrigue has happened on the scoreboard, not out on the pitch, apart from that madcap hour on Day 3.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Seriously? Been horrible viewing. One of the most excruciating Test matches to watch that I've ever seen.

All the intrigue has happened on the scoreboard, not out on the pitch, apart from that madcap hour on Day 3.
I have seen on average an hour every day. The thing is even though batsman are not getting out yet they are still looking troubled at the crease imo its better then a 600 plays 650 game.

mugshot

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Big game against India, if England win this final test it will be their first series win in India for 27 years! Makes the game more interesting

Spark

Global Moderator
I have seen on average an hour every day. The thing is even though batsman are not getting out yet they are still looking troubled at the crease imo its better then a 600 plays 650 game.
Nah I hate it. Neither rewards good cricket nor punishes bad cricket (by the bowler especially). Worst kind of pitch.

Not that 600 plays 650 isn't awful too, but the curator should get the kitchen sink for this. Awful awful pitch.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah I hate it. Neither rewards good cricket nor punishes bad cricket (by the bowler especially). Worst kind of pitch.

Not that 600 plays 650 isn't awful too, but the curator should get the kitchen sink for this. Awful awful pitch.
OK, fair enough.

flibbertyjibber

Totally agree with this, if the end result wasn't so important i'd have switched off long ago even with my team involved and I never do that. Boring as hell.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
yea, guys like neil pickup need to taste it so bad. :p
Delighted to do so. I think my brain utterly rejected the hypothesis of the pitch turning into an absolute road on the grounds that it made no sense whatsoever for India to produce such a wicket for a must-win game... c'est la vie...

centurymaker

International Captain
if you had to pay $200 to watch a day's play, you may get a few to watch 600 V 500
but no one would pay $200 to watch a day's play on this pitch.

test crickter killer