• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be surprised if we see the highest scoring day of the match tomorrow as once the lead is over 200 and India give up knowing the series is lost the runs will flow. been a cracking partnership by Trott and Bell and has almost certainly won the series unless we have a remarkable day tomorrow which seems unlikely.

Some of the hissy fits from the Indians in the last session have been funny, least it shows they care though which looked unclear in the last two tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also all the people who said this pitch was too up and down and bowlers would love to bowl on this, don't judge a pitch in the first hour!

Disgraceful pitch yes. Result pitch, or bowler friendly pitch, hell no!

flibbertyjibber

Also all the people who said this pitch was too up and down and bowlers would love to bowl on this, don't judge a pitch in the first hour!

Well to be honest you don't expect a pitch in India not to break up at all in 5 days.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Top partnership that.

4 wickets yesterday, 4 wickets today. For all the talk about batting last in India it's been an age since the idea has really been tested.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Indeed. I was sure there was variable bounce but it all disappeared.

And ftr all I said was that I'd like a bowl on this pitch. Really that's just an overestimation of my own ability

Spark

Global Moderator

Called it first

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

yea, guys like neil pickup need to taste it so bad. :p

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Top partnership that.

4 wickets yesterday, 4 wickets today. For all the talk about batting last in India it's been an age since the idea has really been tested.
yea we have had so many early finishes etc...

sometimes 3rd innings' have become the last innings. (inning defeats)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed. I was sure there was variable bounce but it all disappeared.

And ftr all I said was that I'd like a bowl on this pitch. Really that's just an overestimation of my own ability
It would have been interesting to see you bowl on this pitch actually. You tend to go for lots of runs regardless of the situation but take wickets in bursts, so you could've been really useful in progressing the match on a pitch where the opposite of what you do has happened the whole time.

You certainly would've offered more than your favourite player did in this game anyway; should've been selected. I blame Callum.

Spark

Global Moderator
It would have been interesting to see you bowl on this pitch actually. You tend to go for lots of runs regardless of the situation but take wickets in bursts, so you could've been really useful in progressing the match on a pitch where the opposite of what you do has happened the whole time.

You certainly would've offered more than your favourite player did in this game anyway; should've been selected. I blame Callum.
ok now you're taking the piss

Teja.

Global Moderator

:lol:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I've said that this pitch will become a minefield, but thats starting to look wrong. Pretty shocked at how samey this pitch has behaved since the first session.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is probably the worst possible pitch for cricket.

Anyway, almost there now, would be reallly good to see these 2 go on tomorow.

flibbertyjibber

I've said that this pitch will become a minefield, but thats starting to look wrong. Pretty shocked at how samey this pitch has behaved since the first session.
Just one ball every five overs or so misbehaves. Could play on this for another three days and nothing would happen by the look of it. Dreadful viewing but as far as England are concerned they are laughing as no result was ever likely on here.