• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually thought he was given out caught when I was watching it live. Was so confused at the commentary. The umpire has indicated he gave him out lbw though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
have said it before England should look for runs. With 175 runs+ they are in with a chance to even win the game.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least we got the right decision in a roundabout way. Still the umpiring in this series has been very poor overall. All 4 umpires have had indifferent series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think there's a really good chance of a result, honestly. I don't think England will manage to completely bat India out of the game, so with India 2-1 down they'll have a crack at what will probably be a really unlikely chance at victory and either pull off something ridiculous or (much more likely) lose a stack of wickets going for it and put themselves under pressure to even save the game.

flibbertyjibber

Safe to say that at tea yesterday if you offered England an 85 run lead with 8 wickets left and 4 sessions to play they'd have ripped your arm off. India need a big session to end the day, A repeat of the last session 64-2 wouldn't be the worst result for England though if KP bats for more than an hour I would imagine they will get a few more runs than that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agree with PEWS. The way I see it, India could get England out at lunch tmr with a lead of around 220 or so. They may target that with 2 sessions and just absolutely collapse going for the win.

flibbertyjibber

Agree with PEWS. The way I see it, India could get England out at lunch tmr with a lead of around 220 or so. They may target that with 2 sessions and just absolutely collapse going for the win.
A bit like us against SA in the 3rd test, better to fall short going for it than play out a draw.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Dhoni should be exiled from India if the team doesn't go for the target all guns blazing if that's the case.

I reckon he'll do the obvious but considering his past record, there's a 10% chance the stupid **** will try to settle for eking out the draw

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
"Caught" takes precedence over LBW... there was a similar one in the Aus-SA series.
How can it take precedence ? Either you are caught or you are LBW ?

Can't be both.

Think the umpire communicates it too the third umpire/Math referee later on.

cnerd123

likes this
Dhoni should be exiled from India if the team doesn't go for the target all guns blazing if that's the case.

I reckon he'll do the obvious but considering his past record, there's a 10% chance the stupid **** will try to settle for eking out the draw
Hey, losing only 2-1 looks better than losing 3-1

:ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that's a possibility.

Once India lose some wickets and the target seems unlikely can see them going out slogging and giving up the draw even.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How can it take precedence ? Either you are caught or you are LBW ?

Can't be both.

Think the umpire communicates it too the third umpire/Math referee later on.
Well, you can if it's pad then bat.

But it's LBW because the umpire gave it out LBW.

flibbertyjibber

One thing to consider is the fact that we may get extra overs in today 29.2 left in the day so they should squeeze an extra 3 or 4 in with the spinners bowling but tomorrow there is no chance that there will be more than 90 overs as however many are left if India bat again is all they will get as England will slow it right down. If England bat till lunch tomorrow that will leave at best 55 overs left for India with the change of innings overs lost as well.