• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha ump saying "bat first". Never.

Sky saying Hawkeye would've overturned it too.

2012 must be a fecking banner year for umps if this joker is #1.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think that was pad first, but going way down leg.
Made this post after seeing it live; on replay it was definitely much closer than I thought, but I still don't think that's hitting the stumps. If it actually did straighten I think it would've hit the inside edge - as it was it went straight on and into the pad. Going down - not by much, but certainly by enough to not give that, IMO. Maybe clipping.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
dar, lankan and to some extent tony hill - 3 umpires who (have) had a **** series

at least lankan looks to equalize the bad calls for both teams. or mayeb he's so **** that he gets NO decision right. :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS hates hawkeye
Not getting HawkEye here. If HawkEye says it's hitting (and not umpire's call or clipping or whatever) then I'll cop that because HawkEye > me watching on TV, but Foxtel's coverage from Ten Cricket or whoever is actually showing this is India is giving me squat.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not getting HawkEye here. If HawkEye says it's hitting (and not umpire's call or clipping or whatever) then I'll cop that because HawkEye > me watching on TV, but Foxtel's coverage from Ten Cricket or whoever is actually showing this is India is giving me squat.
I'm not getting hawkeye on Fox Sports either, but listening to the English posters here who say Sky says it was hitting.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Everyone's getting BCCI/ESPN Star (I think) pictures. Sky are claiming that they are running the feed through HawkEye but not showing any pictures; obviously that has its limitations given the number of cameras HawkEye needs to work properly.

I think Tufnell to McMillan was worse than that ripper from Jadeja, but I can't think of any other candidates...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not getting hawkeye on Fox Sports either, but listening to the English posters here who say Sky says it was hitting.
Well if by hitting they mean DRS-standard hitting then it absolutely was a bad decision and I'll taste it.