• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's get real here, it wasn't Cook's best innings. It wasn't a disgrace or anything, but it wasn't exactly what a guy in form should be doing there.

But he's killed some time so if the rest of the English batting do their job they will win the series

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Was a hard decision for Dharmasena to make tbf. From his angle all he saw was the ball spinning past the bat, heard a sound at the moment it went by, saw the bat wobble slightly, and then the appeal. I think most umpires would have given that.
Really? Despite the significant amount of fresh air between bat and pad, the distinctly not-bat-on-ball nature of the sound, and the fact that it came at the wrong time to be bat on ball?

Benefit of the doubt... particularly when your own incompetence cut the same batsman off first dig. Rank.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Be nice if Denis jr could kick on to a big one here.

Oh and I reckon if Steve Smith and Lionel Messi had a kid he'd look a lot like Chawla.

cnerd123

likes this
Really? Despite the significant amount of fresh air between bat and pad, the distinctly not-bat-on-ball nature of the sound, and the fact that it came at the wrong time to be bat on ball?

Benefit of the doubt... particularly when your own incompetence cut the same batsman off first dig. Rank.
Did they show a replay from the umpire's POV that I missed somewhere?

It looked like a good shout on first view, really. One that could have gone either way. Only under the reply from that short mid-on-ish angle could you tell there was a big gap.

The timing of the sound is down to microseconds; can hardly blame an umpire for missing that.

These are the kind of errors that are fairly common; reason DRS was put in. Like I said, I think most umpires would have given it. I've definitely seen decisions like that go against the batsmen before.

extractor1

Cricket Spectator
must be a match official ?

Was a hard decision for Dharmasena to make tbf. From his angle all he saw was the ball spinning past the bat, heard a sound at the moment it went by, saw the bat wobble slightly, and then the appeal. I think most umpires would have given that.
I prefer the moderators analysis.....

Where can I access tables for Umpires match marks ?

If England hadn't dominated tests 2 & 3 then one or two marginal decisions might have affected the series outcome.
Just heard Nasser being very politically correct on the decisions.

The real issue is whether ICC will dare to introduce the TV review as standard rather than an option.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Did they show a replay from the umpire's POV that I missed somewhere?

It looked like a good shout on first view, really. One that could have gone either way. Only under the reply from that short mid-on-ish angle could you tell there was a big gap.

The timing of the sound is down to microseconds; can hardly blame an umpire for missing that.

These are the kind of errors that are fairly common; reason DRS was put in. Like I said, I think most umpires would have given it. I've definitely seen decisions like that go against the batsmen before.
Nah, no way.

Look at the replay; Dhoni only appeals after he sees Ashwin go up for it. There's a distinct beat between his take and him going up.

It happens in cricket, but I'd hope the majority of umps would be better than that.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's get real here, it wasn't Cook's best innings. It wasn't a disgrace or anything, but it wasn't exactly what a guy in form should be doing there.

But he's killed some time so if the rest of the English batting do their job they will win the series
as an individual cook's been very lucky.

His lbws got turned down in the first two tests, where scoring was much much easier, and he registered 2 tons.
In this game where most likely he would not have even got close to a 100 because of the pitch, he gets two bad calls.

any batsman would happily take this, then the other way around. (maybe explains why he has not shown any dissent this match after being given out wrongly each time )