Page 402 of 675 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Jadeja is an awesome selection. Monster FC All-rounder.

Good to see the back of Yuvraj and the weed. Zaheer, if fit should have been retained and Sharma dropped.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    great.

it'll be something like this-

sehwag
    rahane/gamhir/vijay
    pujara
    tendulkar
    kohli
    jadeja
    dhoni
    ashwin
    ishant
    awana/dinda/chawla
    ohja

4 spinners?
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Dinda's been in the squad the whole time, so he'll probably play. I think Awana would be a better pick though; much higher ceiling as a player and is having a killer Ranji season, especially the last few weeks.

Gotta say, there's no way Sharma or Dinda are better than Zaheer at the moment, IMO. He may be a shadow of his former self but Zaheer's shadow has always been a better bowler than those two. I could understand if they dropped Sharma as well or Yadav was fit but as it stands I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk.
    i think the management still believes that ishant has alot of potential and can come good

Posting ftom the mobile but basically:

Prince EWS, WAC.

sli
    Cricket Spectator
    Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh dropped

India have dropped Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for the Nagpur Test. Delhi fast bowler Parwinder Awana and Suarashtra allrounder Ravindra Jadeja have received first Test call-ups. Piyush Chawla replaced Harbhajan. Sachin Tendulkar retained his Test spot, and MS Dhoni his captaincy

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane, Pyish Chawla, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, Parwinder Awana

sli
    Cricket Spectator
    ishant sharma is cannon fodder

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Awe come on!

The selectors were so close to the perfect squad! Zak being dropped is seriously lame, have they consulted with Dhoni about this?

Jadeja needs to play the next test, this guy would have been a wrecker on the Mumbai pitch. Dunno much about this new pacer, but I'll take him over Ishant and Dinda for sure.

Chawla gtfo

why have they picked 15 players for just the one match?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Rahane has not been selected as an opener as stated before, so most likely he'll be slotted in at 6. Making a statement by dropping Zaheer but I would've preferred him over Ishant and Dinda tbh..

Wonder who the two seamers will be (unless they go with Jadeja, Ashwin and Ojha). Dinda all but assured of a test debut I guess, which is lame.
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-12-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by sli View Post
    Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh dropped

India have dropped Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for the Nagpur Test. Delhi fast bowler Parwinder Awana and Suarashtra allrounder Ravindra Jadeja have received first Test call-ups. Piyush Chawla replaced Harbhajan. Sachin Tendulkar retained his Test spot, and MS Dhoni his captaincy

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane, Pyish Chawla, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, Parwinder Awana
    Think it says a lot that these are considered worthy of being remarked on rather than assumed as a given.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Awe come on!

The selectors were so close to the perfect squad! Zak being dropped is seriously lame, have they consulted with Dhoni about this?
    Apparently Dhoni was off to a meeting with the selectors after the game, so yes.

Its worth noting that Zaheer, Harbhajan and Yuvraj are 3 of the gang of 4 I was talking about with Sachin

Jadeja and Ashwin as lower middle order bats is sounding really awesome already. I'm still a bit concerned about Jadeja's batting, but he has scored a load of runs in Ranji so hopefully he finds his place.

Parwinder and Dinda for the next test. Ishant can gtfo..

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    If we don't put a decent show and Dhoni fails in the next game, I think it's over for him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Apparently Dhoni was off to a meeting with the selectors after the game, so yes.
    Ah, I still disagree with this Zak decision, hopefully he's back for the Aussie series, we'll need him. Anyhow the rest of the selection picks are awesome.

Looks like this new committee is aggressive and isn't afraid to make bold moves, good stuff.

Thread Information