• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

smash84

The Tiger King
I think it's a mistake to bat too slowly actually. Runs aren't irrelevant; the slower they score they longer they have to bat. Also bowling a lot of maidens gets the bowlers in a good rhythm.
awta

but I suppose it is the sort of pitch where scoring quickly is not easy at all

India were batting at a snail pace too

stumpski

International Captain
According to Bumble there are thousands outside the ground trying to get in - you have to wonder why ...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, what happened there.

A few things beginning to happen now. England have played themselves into a shell.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, you'd think someone else would've been tried by now.

4 for Cook takes his SR over 10, it's no fun now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well the last 2 or 3 overs have been about as exciting as it has got today. Can't really blame England for going slowly, not as if India really took the game by the scruff of the neck yesterday is it when they had a mammoth partnership? Shows how hard it is to score quickly on this track.

stumpski

International Captain
this is woeful from England if they end up being 50-4 the time becomes irrelevant.
Have to lose one wicket first though. I have a feeling these two could up the tempo any time they wanted to. And there are stroke players to come.

40 up!

centurymaker

International Captain
i'd be surprised if india even took 3 wickets by close of play tbh.

you guys are kidding yourselves if you think england are digging their graves here.

they have actually scored quite a few runs in teh last 3 or so overs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, when the commentators are calling for Chawla as India's great hope, you know its curtains.

Spark

Global Moderator
Frankly they were going at 2rpo when they were trying to bat normally. Of course it's going to be slow as **** when they're just looking to bat time.