• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He'll probably be extradited to the US and they'll tag his case at the end of Abu Hamza's show trial, so he'll be about 50 by the time its done and dusted
Even Her Maj thinks Hamza's a wrong 'un, so he must be beastly.

Although quite why there was such a furore when the journo let it slip that she thinks he's not a very nice chap is a bit baffling. I know she's a constitutional monarch and must be disinterested and all, but it's not like the country's going to march on Buck House in support of him, is it?

Thinking a religious loony with a hook's a rum fella is a pretty uncontentious opinion. In my opinion. :ph34r:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even Her Maj thinks Hamza's a wrong 'un, so he must be beastly.

Although quite why there was such a furore when the journo let it slip that she thinks he's not a very nice chap is a bit baffling. I know she's a constitutional monarch and must be disinterested and all, but it's not like the country's going to march on Buck House in support of him, is it?

Thinking a religious loony with a hook's a rum fella is a pretty uncontentious opinion. In my opinion. :ph34r:
Couldn't agree more - the bloke, like KP, is as guilty as the proverbial puppy sitting next to a pile of poo, but even a wishy-washy bleeding heart liberal like me has been appalled by the wriggle room the ****er has been allowed

grecian

I'm not a mod, shockingly, so this is a polite request, but could we please keep the KP bollox, to the officially designated KP Bollox thread. Every England cricket chat is infested with it. :(

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will rage if Rohit Sharma is picked for the ODIs. In his last 5 one dayers he was outscored by wides..He's had a thoroughly mediocre career so far and deserves no more chances afaic.

flibbertyjibber

So if the Barmy Army go on tour I am presuming they will need to change the name of their ringleader given the last weeks revelations.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I for one hope they pick both Raina and Sharma.

The questioning their batting line up at the moment is pretty sizeable given the lack of form of Tendulkar but I can see him going big. Oh and the minor thing that Gambhir's done sweet FA for about 3 years.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
going out to watch the mumbai and kolkata tests (2 and 3rd of the series). We're going to get thrashed but should be fun all the same.

There are a few slight reasons to be positive. The indian batting isn't looking as polished as it has been for a long time. Sehwag and Gambhir are both struggling. Tendulkar also and must be near the end. No Dravid or Laxman. Of course Kohli is the coming man but hopefully england get one bad series out of him before he pulverises us for the rest of his career.

Even with all there batting problems it should be a coast for india especially if Dhoni gets his wish that the wickets are real raging turners. Could be a load of 3 day games.

Joe Root really worries me. I didn't think he should have been selected and seeing him bat again in the last week albeit in 20 over cricket has hardly filled me with confidence that he's good enough yet.

Hopefully Cook and Trott manage to bat 3 or 4 days whilst i'm out there even if no-one else agrees. Nothing more calming than these two batting.

Would be nice to see Sachin make some runs in Mumbai and wouldn't be too begrudging of Kohli (or Pujara) if he scored some runs just to see a couple of future legends.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
I for one hope they pick both Raina and Sharma.

The questioning their batting line up at the moment is pretty sizeable given the lack of form of Tendulkar but I can see him going big. Oh and the minor thing that Gambhir's done sweet FA for about 3 years.
Fully expecting that selectors will pick Yuvraj for this series

flibbertyjibber

Fully expecting that selectors will pick Yuvraj for this series
Has he had much first class cricket since he returned?

Ok to let him go out and slog in shorter versions but will he have enough match practice to play a proper innings?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Played his first first class game in 11 months today. Is currently 100 odd not out at the end of day 1.

uvelocity

International Coach
lol

Malcolm Conn ‏@malcolmconn
#cricket what a great relief for England that Pietersen's back to restore the saffa quota. Missed him at the WT20. #nofinals #pomafrica

Spikey

it wouldn't be a problem if cricinfo didn't show his tweets on the frontpage

Spooony

Banned
Its called Banter and they take that a bit too seriously especially to go write a whole gob****e article bout it. Its twitter that is what they do on it.. Take the piss out of other teams on it, You expect a serious journalistic piece in 140 characters every time the guy say something? If you want him serious go read the paper not tweets.

Pieterson is a Afrikaner with a Afrikaans dad. Both his parents lives in South Africa. Playing cricket for 12 years in ENgland don't make him any more English than less of a Saffer. He lived in SA and his whole family been living here. He only stay in England cause he plays cricket there like a professional. But as development England did nothing. They just spounged him of SA which took care of his development. He left due to the quota system and I do not blame him for that.

Jonathan Trott was Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level. Also spunged of SA. Left also due to the quota system.

Take those two batsman out of the England team and see how they will do.

Scaly piscine

Its called Banter and they take that a bit too seriously especially to go write a whole gob****e article bout it. Its twitter that is what they do on it.. Take the piss out of other teams on it, You expect a serious journalistic piece in 140 characters every time the guy say something? If you want him serious go read the paper not tweets.

Pieterson is a Afrikaner with a Afrikaans dad. Both his parents lives in South Africa. Playing cricket for 12 years in ENgland don't make him any more English than less of a Saffer. He lived in SA and his whole family been living here. He only stay in England cause he plays cricket there like a professional. But as development England did nothing. They just spounged him of SA which took care of his development. He left due to the quota system and I do not blame him for that.

Jonathan Trott was Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level. Also spunged of SA. Left also due to the quota system.

Not our fault if they come over here in search of decent grammar and spelling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Would be banter should at least have the merit of orginality, even if wit may be beyond Mr Conn.

See? A sentence about banter that's also banter itself; how wonderfully meta of me. :cool:

For the record tho, I don't think anyone is suggesting England would be better off without Trott or Pietersen; in fact the reverse is demonstrably true.

As for Pietersen being an Afrikaner; is it that cut and dried? As one understands he attended Maritzburg College, which is an Anglo school.

&, FYI, his elder brother Tony is a vicar in Workington & kid bro (& sometime Notts & Surrey 2nd XI player) Bryan runs a bar in London, so that would seem to suggest that not all of his family lives in the Republic.