• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that wasn't a surprise and no wonder Dhoni batted at 6. Standard of Ranji Trophy can't be much if he has got 2 triples this season.

cnerd123

likes this
Dhoni to ton up here, and Pews to stop watching cricket.
Good call.

Shame to see Jadeja get out so soon though. Won't have been used to such high-pace reverse swing from Ranji though, and Anderson has dismissed many much, much better batsmen than Jadeja.

Ahswin and Chawla need to chip in here. And if MSD sticks around, India can get a decent lead...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha people writing off a player after his first innings?

Mike Hussey must be ****house.

Give Jadeja some time.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
i'd sooner get ashwin to bat at 6/7 than jadeja . i know i am overreacting here but the guy didn't look good
(ashwin just needs to work on his bowling)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Said when he was picked that Jadeja will do better with the ball initially than the bat in tests, Triple tons or not. He'll probably adapt though and be a decent 35 to 40 average batsman in tests.

Also don't get why people were more worried about him facing Swann. He looked comfortable against him while he edge the seamers twice and had a close LBW shout before he eventually got.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Give Jadeja some time.
Bradman too.

And lets not even think about how **** Atapattu was.

Seriously though, he didn't look good. I'm actually not phased by the wicket ball because it was a jaffa but some of the shots he played were a bit hmm. Certainly not writing him off though; I'm a big fan in general.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Give Jadeja some time.
Not writing him off, but I think you can garner an opinion on a player's baseline ability fairly quickly.

He looks like a lower-middle order hitter to my eyes.

I've been wrong before, but Ashwin looks far more fluid and natural in his movements and decision making at the crease.