• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Got the leader under 200 for no wicket. That was the first target I was hoping to achieve. Gotta keep going

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Gtfo

You want Gambhir shots?
tell me how india can win by scoring 2 rpo from here? (having said that though, they have sped up now)

even if india managed to bat the whole day, the score won't pass 330.

then all england would have to do is bat max 3.5 sessions to at least enusre a draw on this dead road.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think 2009-10 India would get 550+ on this track without any fuss. Sehwag 123(134) Sachin 168* (313)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
tell me how india can win by scoring 2 rpo from here? (having said that though, they have sped up now)

even if india managed to bat the whole day, the score won't pass 330.

then all england would have to do is bat max 3.5 sessions to at least enusre a draw on this dead road.
India will have to somehow get England out in less than 1 day either which way to force a win here.

So, got to hope the pitch does rough up and break up a bit more during today and India can survive the day. Has been a strange dead pitch this, not the 3 day pitch that everyone was hastily predicting first morning.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
51 runs in 27 overs so far. brilliant.

2 rpo-
another 126 runs in the remaining 63 overs?
final score around 260-270

3 rpo-
final score around 330

bare minimum is the latter.

otherwise, the bowlers would have to get england out in just 3 sessions. i can't see that happening tbh.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
can indian bowlers run through england, including their lower order?

despite a good session, chances are slipping of saving the series.

32 overs, 59 runs, 1.84 rpo

need a big acceleration against these accurate bowlers later on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There are 8 sessions to go.

These two had to make sure India didn't collapse like they did in the last two tests. They have gone a long way to achieving that. They can up the rate later like Swann did. They're shot-makers, but they haven't got many bad balls.

If England are still in the field in the third session they will get many more bad balls.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
India couldn't win the test in that session, but they could quite easily have lost it.

It might have been as entertaining as watching paint dry, but it's exactly the right thing to have done. I can't see enough wickets falling to create a result as things stand - it seems like batsmen can stay in if they want to adhere themselves to the wicket - but you never know what the pitch is going to do on days four and five.

Draw the clear favourite with the bookies at the minute, mind.