• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chawla's really not a test bowler. Just a slow roller.

Athers just said his figures flatter him as I type and that Ishant was the best Indian bowler on display.

Also said India picked the wrong team. Hard to disagree on the evidence so far.

centurymaker

International Captain
The difference was the England spin bowling and England batting against spin was superior to their Indian counterparts in all Indian conditions.

Amazing.
If england had had to bat against their bowlers in full flight, i doubt they would have done significantly better than india did.

The real difference has been England bowlers bowling like india is their home and it's been like they have been bowling on these pitches all their life.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Yep, think he'll play that series or atleast one match there and call it a day.

Unless ofcourse the selectors/board want him to do it before.

Will be so so odd playing without him. :( :(
should retire from all forms of cricket just before IPL.

The public will soon forget him then :ph34r:

centurymaker

International Captain
And Sehwag deseves the axe ffs. Would sooner sack him than Gambhir tbh, on current form and attitude.
hmm
attitude wise he's right up there with the worst ones like zaheer.

one of them has to go though and i'd much rather keep a potential match winner than a guy who has been out of form for at least 3 yrs now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's what I would do.

Gambhir - keep, I guess. He's at least made some gritty innings and India probably need experience.
Sehwag - probably should be dropped. Although he did help India win the first test, he's still not the right player for India.
Pujara - keep. Next Dravid?
Tendulkar - make him retire.
Kohli - keep, still fairly young.
Dhoni - dump. Has he ever scored runs at Test level under the pump?
Jajeda - keep. Could be a decent test all-rounder.
Ashwin - drop. I don't care how he bats, he can't take wickets against quality sides.
Chawla - stupid to pick him and isn't Test standard looking at his season currently but he did take a 4-fer. I dunno here. Should be on a short leash though.
Sharma - keep I guess. India is the wrong side for him though.
Ojha - keep.

Call-up:

Rahane - stupidly good at FC level, deserves a shot.
Sharma - ditto. I don't think you judge him on his ODI's performances just yet.
Panjak Singh - seems to be rated by Indian fans, probably deserves a shot.

Badranith deserves a shot but he's a fair bit older - if two players are similar in ability, I'd prefer to go for the younger player. Don't go for Raina or Yujrav ffs, that's a step back. If Zaheer finds form though then he should be recalled.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
hmm
attitude wise he's right up there with the worst ones like zaheer.

one of them has to go though and i'd much rather keep a potential match winner than a guy who has been out of form for at least 3 yrs now.
At least Gambhir is contributing something for the last 2 matches. Even if it is a 60 odd or alone fighting in Mumbai.

Sehwag just looks out of order and except for the ton at Ahmedabad his record is even worse over the last 2 years. Plus he's even unfit to bowl.

Sehwag is a potential match winner but Gambhir is a potential match saver, imo. He's there fighting in most tough situations.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
There might be a case to drop both actually and use Rahane as a opener alongside Mukund.

Though Vijay for some reason is first in line to get in again.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
who was the **** who wanted india's 2nd wicket to fall
i told him that it would inevitably lead to a collapse...

india's three true batsmen are yet to come however.
jadeja, ashwin and chawla.
Ashwin is a very good batsman. I'm pretty sure he could hold down a position as a top 7 batsman in this Indian team.

Spark

Global Moderator
Dravid is such a good commentator. Been said to death by now but genuinely one of the best going around already.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Pews tasting it hard on Sehwag and Tendulkar. Like I said pre-test, both are clearly past it. Eyes are going. Sehwag doesn't move his feet, while Sachin is nearly 40.

Its a shame, but more for Sehwag since he's not that old yet. This was always going to happen to Sachin though, I'm shocked people are at all surprised.

Spark

Global Moderator
Pews tasting it hard on Sehwag and Tendulkar. Like I said pre-test, both are clearly past it. Eyes are going. Sehwag doesn't move his feet, while Sachin is nearly 40.

Its a shame, but more for Sehwag since he's not that old yet. This was always going to happen to Sachin though, I'm shocked people are at all surprised.
Sachin's footwork has been as bad as Sehwag's at times this year.

centurymaker

International Captain
Dravid is such a good commentator. Been said to death by now but genuinely one of the best going around already.
yeah loving his insight.

he's proving to be an even better commentator than he was a batsman. that is saying a lot about his speaking and analytical ability.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
no way he'll play the whole series. there will now be a bigger uproar than even after the mumbia test. i doubt he will be left with any other option.
Yeah, but Dhoni will face the brunt first here, imo unless he scores a ton tommorow and wins the match.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can't wait for this match to end so we can start the "Which Players Should India Sack?" thread