• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

stumpski

International Captain
I could understand a caring captain wanting to protect his debutant, were it not for the small detail that Jadeja has made two FC triple-hundreds this season.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If England win this game, this will have been the most impressive victory on Indian soil that I have ever seen. Previous times when India lost, it was never on pitches like this. When Australia won, it took a pacy Nagpur pitch to seal the deal.

England here have won on bounce and spin (Mumbai), Flat/low and spin (Kolkata), and slow and low breaking up (Nagpur). That is unbelievable. I would not have thought it possible. Yes, I know India have played like **** - but that has happened before too. The difference was the England spin bowling and England batting against spin was superior to their Indian counterparts in all Indian conditions.

Amazing.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If England win this game, this will have been the most impressive victory on Indian soil that I have ever seen. Previous times when India lost, it was never on pitches like this. When Australia won, it took a pacy Nagpur pitch to seal the deal.

England here have won on bounce and spin (Mumbai), Flat/low and spin (Kolkata), and slow and low breaking up (Nagpur). That is unbelievable. I would not have thought it possible. Yes, I know India have played like **** - but that has happened before too. The difference was the England spin bowling and England batting against spin was superior to their Indian counterparts in all Indian conditions.

Amazing.
Yeah, this will be a impressive result but the way India just crumbled and showed no fight once England showed resistance is just outrageous.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great session for England and a quite outstanding spell from Anderson. Bresnan's still doing nothing to justify his selection, but Root's innings means the selectors are in credit overall. The follow-on shouldn't be an option, but if we do take their last six for less than 40 then hopefully we'll bat again anyway. You wouldn't want to be batting on Day 5 on this track unless you're chasing a piddling total.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He'll want another tilt at the Aussies, surely, but I think then that might be it. Turns 40 in April, I don't see him playing after that.
Yep, think he'll play that series or atleast one match there and call it a day.

Unless ofcourse the selectors/board want him to do it before.

Will be so so odd playing without him. :( :(

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
50% chance at least if india lose.

Drop list-

Gambhir - drop
Tendulkar- retire
Dhoni - axe as captain and player
Ashwin- learn to bowl in ranji
Chawla - how's he even in the team
Chawla going nowhere after his 4fer now boi...........

The positives just keep on coming from this series.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't understand why Chawla should get dumped. Yeah he shouldn't have been picked but he did take a 4-fer...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
look, just ****ing use common sense. gambhir and chawla are ****. **** them off. **** it if they fluke a good result.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And Sehwag deseves the axe ffs. Would sooner sack him than Gambhir tbh, on current form and attitude.